Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster, couldn't find where to post a intro? Anyways I have a 1990 GQ patrol, pretty standard at the moment, just a 2.5" lift and 33 x 12.5" tyres.

Basically I'm looking for peoples opinions on whether I should install a small body lift or not. I will be replacing the body mounts very soon as the current ones are shagged, they look really compressed, and have a couple of knocks here and there.

I'm not interested in a 2" body lift, but am thinking about a 1" or less lift, just to give a little clearance between the chassis and body to help when cleaning, and also to stop the tyres from scrubbing, they are only just touching in both rear wheel arches on the inside.

As far as im aware there isn't really anything that would need to be done to install the body lift this size, what about the legal side of things, would it take much to get it engineered, if it even needs to be?

Thanks guys

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
You will find that when you replace your body mounts as a result you will get a 1"+ body lift anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
nissan
425 Posts
I just recently replaced all the mounts in my patrol and the old rubbers were on average about 20 mm shorter than the new ones.

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
Body lift won't stop your tyres scrubbing - I have 2" body lift and 3" suspension with 33's, still scrub under flex in the rear. The only good thing I have found with the body lift (which was in the wagon when I got it) is that it does make it easier to clean - otherwise pointless in my opinion.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
I had a body lift back in NZ, ended up breaking the mounts after about 5 yrs 4wheeling. Have not done it on my last two patrols because of this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts