Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending a day & a half pulling out a 1" bodgy body lift out of my 98 GU Wagon that a previous owner had installed. I found the majority of the body mounts were stuffed and due to the body lift blocks having cutouts (see pics) the front mounts had the bolts rusted right through. Due to that the front radiator support is badly rusted & ill have to cut the sections out & weld in some new bit.

Anyway I would like to replace all the mounting blocks & bolts to satisfy my paranoia.

Has anyone done this before, if so is there somewhere other than Nissan to get new mounts?

Cheers.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
pretty sure that nissan is the only place to get them, aftermarket ones might be available but they wouldnt be as good as genuine, from memory they are around 25 to 30 bucks each, not sure on price of bolts but they could be sourced aftermarket , just need a length and would be high tensile

·
Registered
nissan
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went to Nissan & they want $860 for a set including bolts. You can get them from Repco as kits eg front bumper, front cab, center cab, rear cab & rear bumper. These kits come as a pair but I'm not sure if that includes the bolts. Kits are all $122 each.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Try Gary
nizzbits on here.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
holy crap, when i got just the mounts it cost me around 350 bucks with a roller bearing that i didnt end up needing, so unless i got undercharged or the bloke there liked me those prices seem high

·
Registered
nissan
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok the Repco ones dont include the bolts. But they are Nolathane brand ones. (See Pic)

They are on ebay too. Still going to cost heaps to replace them all like over $600 :(

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Nizzbits does them i'm sure...I've pm'd him about body mounts and he's way cheaper than Nissan....even for me here in Shakeshake.

I haven't got them yet but i'm def going to.

Maybe it's "Group Buy" time????????????????????

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Well you will just have to trust me...just checked my pm's, I suggest you pm him mate ;)

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
DONT go them red nolathane units. they are junk. genuine is the only way to go properly. and i speak from experience.
i put nolathane ones in and want to swap them for genuines. ride is alot harsher and they dont fit anywhere near as well as oe.
and yeah as with twodiffs pm nizzbits. gary will help ya out and you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
X2 BeNos

dont go nolathane. Its too hard, alright for a race car. stick to rubber pref. genuine, that goes with all your bushes etc.

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
yeah mate. mine were about 550 for my LWB GQ, all new. and i think that included postage. buut i could be wrong. all new and genuine. they are the way to fly. and it got rid of this knock that i had.

cheers

jbates58

1 - 13 of 13 Posts