Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine TB42 NA dual fuel

I've got a spare 650 Holley 4bbl that I originally bought for the 351 in my rangie.

Its gathering dust at the moment and I'm wondering whether anyone else has adapted one of these onto their engines.

is it worth the shift?

and before it starts, no i'm not interested in changing over to EFI...

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,075 Posts
I think a 650 would be too big mate, especially in a vehicle where low down torque is a priority. Not enough air speed at low revs with too larger bores.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a 650 would be too big mate, especially in a vehicle where low down torque is a priority. Not enough air speed at low revs with too larger bores.
oh well, back it goes into the spare parts bin... I should have kept the 350 dbl instead..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
650 holley would be a spreadbore, way too big, 600 square bore jetted down should be ok,
xf falcon webber be better way to go

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
650 holley would be a spreadbore, way too big, 600 square bore jetted down should be ok,
xf falcon webber be better way to go
I'm a tad nervous about webbers, I had DD's on a cut down 221 and SD's on an e38. the priques went out of tune at the drop of a hat.

are they any better nowadays?

added

IIRC the 650 dbls were all spreadbores...

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,075 Posts
I'm a tad nervous about webbers, I had DD's on a cut down 221 and SD's on an e38. the priques went out of tune at the drop of a hat.

are they any better nowadays?

added

IIRC the 650 dbls were all spreadbores...
I never had any dramas with them myself, I could never understand why people complained about them. I had twin sidedraughts on a motor and could tune them in ten minutes. The trick was using a Colortune spark plug, which made setting the mixtures dead easy. The throttle bodies I just set by ear.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Engine?
Modifications?
Vehicle usage?
Budget?
I'm not entirely sure - is a blue block inline 6 so assuming original ford - can't find the engine number anywhere, for now it just needs to run reasonably as a new efi v8 will be going in in the next few years

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not entirely sure - is a blue block inline 6 so assuming original ford - can't find the engine number anywhere, for now it just needs to run reasonably as a new efi v8 will be going in in the next few years
engine number is on the block next to your dizzy

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 350 holley on a tb42 a year or so ago. It work good, might have over fueled it a bit but it worked. had the float modded to work on angles. i reckon the webber would be the go.
just my 2c

1 - 11 of 11 Posts