Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to which UHF radios can be reprogrammed to receive the new 80 channel system. I have a GME TX3400. Can these be reprogrammed? There doesn't appear to be anything about it in the user manual. I know some of the GME radios can be re-programmed by computer software or possibly via the front panel. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
nissan
217 Posts
I know the icoms can I didn't know about gme how old is it I would guess anything made in the last say two yrs maybe able to be

Sent from somewhere else that isnt here

·
The Cable Guy
Nissan
4,775 Posts
All models with serial number prefix’s 011 (November 2010) or earlier as well as TX4400 and TX4600
models with serial number prefix’s 101 (January 2011) or earlier are unfortunately not able to be
upgraded to 80 channel narrow band operation. From serial number 106xxxxxx onwards, all the
above models will be factory enabled for 80 channel operation.
Compatible GME radios can be either User upgraded or Dealer upgraded depending on the model.
Please refer to the table above.
User Upgradable
If your GME 40 channel UHF radio is listed as User Upgradable, you can upgrade it yourself as
follows;
Connect your radio to a 12 Volt power source and switch it on. Use the following channel selection
sequence to upgrade your radio. If at any point you make a mistake, simply switch it OFF then ON
again and repeat the sequence from step 1.

1. Select Channel 7.

2. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

3. Select Channel 23.

4. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

5. Select Channel 39.

6. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

7. Select Channel 15.

8. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

9. Select Channel 31.

10. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

If the upgrade was successful, channel 80 will be displayed.

·
Registered
nissan
1,104 Posts
any one know how to upgrade the icom 440n - the one with contols/speaker on the handset..
The 440n should already be 80. The 440w is 40 ch and can't be upgraded
oh - its the older one - 440 no letters after it..
no upgrade- well that sux big time- poor form icom.. :(

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
is there any way to put it back to 40 channels if the unit has 80 channels on it?

We have a 3340 in the work ute. I swear it used to only have 40 channels on it but now it has the full 80.. At site we mainly use 14 and 40 (for when we hit the main roads) used to be able to be on 40 and then just go up to 14 quickly. Now either have to go up to 80, then keep going to 14 or go from 40 down to 14 :|

Leh sigh, first world problems LOL

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Channel 14 & 40 are exactly thr same (frquency wise) on the 40 & 80 channels cbs. The differance is that the 80 channel cb is transmitting with Half the devication ( will sound quiter).

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
ah sorry i'm not meaning frequency wise.. more functionality wise.

Previously if you were going up through the channels, once you hit 40 it would cycle back to 1. so if you were on 40 then needing to change to 14 you would just press up until you hit 14.

Now that it has the 80 channels, if you are on 40, you either go up all the way to 80 before it cycles to 1 again, or go down 39,38 etc until you hit 14 again

just a pain in the a$$ when your driving and have to swap in and out of them frequently lol

hence wanting to know if you can get it to go back so it only has 40 channels (instead of the 80)

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
48 Posts
I have the TX3220 is this unit able to be upgraded to 80 channel also? the website link doesnt show a listing for the 3220 so I'm unsure

·
Registered
nissan
302 Posts
gme up graded

got a 3220 gme an it can not be up graded to 80 ch got a new 80ch an around here orange nsw no one uses 80ch ,

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
All models with serial number prefix’s 011 (November 2010) or earlier as well as TX4400 and TX4600
models with serial number prefix’s 101 (January 2011) or earlier are unfortunately not able to be
upgraded to 80 channel narrow band operation. From serial number 106xxxxxx onwards, all the
above models will be factory enabled for 80 channel operation.
Compatible GME radios can be either User upgraded or Dealer upgraded depending on the model.
Please refer to the table above.
User Upgradable
If your GME 40 channel UHF radio is listed as User Upgradable, you can upgrade it yourself as
follows;
Connect your radio to a 12 Volt power source and switch it on. Use the following channel selection
sequence to upgrade your radio. If at any point you make a mistake, simply switch it OFF then ON
again and repeat the sequence from step 1.

1. Select Channel 7.

2. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

3. Select Channel 23.

4. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

5. Select Channel 39.

6. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

7. Select Channel 15.

8. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

9. Select Channel 31.

10. Switch the radio OFF then ON again.

If the upgrade was successful, channel 80 will be displayed.

If this is done a second time (both times done successfully) will it revert back to the original 40 channel only setup that it had originally?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts