Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOTE: 31-01-20. The forum receives updates during a Tuesday Canadian Time, this means we receive them during our early Wednesday, so I would not get too exited about logging slowness issues during that period. As the forum moves forward (and I'm sure you have noticed the many improvements we have gained) there will be ongoing upgrades for the foreseeable future.
Hi Guy's starting afresh on this but moving recent posts in other thread to here. This needs to be kept meaningful, posts that don't contribute overall will be deleted, we have the attention of the forum owner, management and development personnel, I want to get to the bottom of this annoying and seemingly random slowness as much as the next person, considering the amount of time I spend here it probably effects me more than most.
I have told the above that at every point of slowness I've encountered I do a speed check and can assure them there is no issue my end, also that I have the latest Win10 on a new laptop and using Chrome (but do double check occasionally against other browsers except IE).

I have a P4x4 slowness thread in the other forum I'm on that is looking into the general issues and improvements that can be made to the new format, this issue is being taken seriously but what we need to get to the bottom of it is for you guys to give us a bit of info:

• The time the slowness occurred (maybe an indication on length of holdup).
  • The device you are using.
  • The system you are using.
  • Your general location.
  • What you were actually doing when slowness occurred, ie, loading from NEW button to thread listing, going through the full cycle of Marking as Read, moving between threads in the NEW list, etc.
So for me my device info is:
Dell laptop, only a few months old.
Latest version of Win10
Chrome
South East Queensland.

@Kiwi_dingo @Foo @rgren2 @AndrieK I'm relying on you guy's (as well as anyone else who is over it) to help us out on this so we can kick it in the arse once and for all, @ModAdmin will read this and I will also C&P some quotes to the other forum, did one from Kiwi_Dingo the other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
  • Brisbane, Australia
  • PC - Microsoft windows 10
  • Normally Chrome but I've tried both Explorer and Mozilla for no difference.
  • Any significant extensions that may be affecting scripts: Don't actually know what you mean by this?
  • Most the time but random periods of good speed. Today is bad, taking over 20sec to load pages and I keep getting errors when trying to like a post (screenshot attached).
  • All threads.
like error.JPG

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
NOTE* this post was moved from other thread, take no notice of timestamp as for some reason it went as the lead post so I had to move it and do a cut and paste to get them in the right position?????????????
  • Your physical location (As much as you feel comfortable sharing):
    South East Queensland
  • Device:
    Dell Laptop, a few months old.
  • OS (and version):
    Win10 (whatever the latest version is)
  • Browser (and version)
    Chrome
  • Any significant extensions that may be affecting scripts:
    Not Really PhotoBucket is about it. I don't have a big antivirus to slow things down.
  • Date and Time of slowness:
    Random, all morning taking up to 15 seconds to open a new thread I'm reading or as quick as 2 seconds.
  • Location in site of slowness:
    As above random locations.
Just went to open fishing and boating thread and got this as the tab and a white out page, had to back out and go again. That was 1300hrs
View attachment 515810

Just went to do an edit to a post I had not long put up and when I his save the 3 yellow bars in the upper RH corner blinked for 53 seconds and then stopped and nothing had happened, edit was not saved, hit save again and all good, this was 1330hrs.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marking all as read, 15 seconds, 1630hrs Aust Eastern Std Time.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1750hrs AEST 7 seconds to go from a thread back to main menu.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
Just seen this new thingymajig about the slowness.

• Your physical location
  • Morton Bay Council
  • Device:
  • Computer Tower with high end graphic card and ram
  • OS (and version):
  • Latest Win 10
  • Browser (and version)
  • Chrome
  • Any significant extensions that may be affecting scripts:
  • I run a paid edition of Avast
  • Date and Time of slowness:
  • Can be anytime from when I get out of bed at 3am till 9pm and the three wonderful yellow bars can go for up to 40sec
  • Location in site of slowness:
  • Every catagory and no matter what I'm responding to.
Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Foo what they are looking for are specific times the slowness occurs so it can be checked against recorded data.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
@Foo what they are looking for are specific times the slowness occurs so it can be checked against recorded data.
Well
That's the thing, it can be there all day, as it has been for the last few weekends but as a general rule, Tapatalk is normally faster when the pooter is slow but Tapatalk was even slow at one point. I will see what I can do.

Foo

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
That post took 3sec to load up, just then.

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1220pm 31-01-20, 16 seconds to load menu after clicking NEW, then 6 seconds for this page to load so I could report.

EDIT: when I clicked to upload post it was instant????????

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
Today 31-1-20

3secs for an emoji to load and then 4sec for the post to load at 12.25pm just now.

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
31-1-20

8sec to refresh General Discussion page at 12.43pm

Foo

·
Registered
712 Posts
1243hr today, 17sec to load the new page.

Also currently have two other forum sites open and they all load in about 2-3 seconds for any page and post even with photos!

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NOTE: 31-01-20. The forum receives updates during a Tuesday Canadian Time, this means we receive them during our early Wednesday, so I would not get too exited about logging slowness issues during that period. As the forum moves forward (and I'm sure you have noticed the many improvements we have gained) there will be ongoing upgrades for the foreseeable future.

Ininteresting, 31-01-20 1300hrs, edited first post to add the same message I placed here, the edit took 13 seconds to upload but when I put it here only a few seconds later it took 3 seconds to load.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
No change in anything this morning since I turned the pooter on at 4.45am3-10secs for loading up or back to the previous page.

Telstra Speed Test
Measure your connection speed for your Telstra nbnTM, ADSL, Cable or mobile data service.
Mbps
Download speed
Download refers to activities such as streaming video, downloading files and browsing the web.
Mbps
Upload speed
Upload refers to activities such as sharing photos on social media and storing files on cloud storage (e.g Dropbox, Google Drive).
ms
Ping speed
Ping speeds are most used by online games. It measures the responsiveness (latency) of the connection - the lower, the better.

iinet

Your Internet Speed Is
30.3 Mbps

Foo

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,963 Posts
@Foo @geeyoutoo that is interesting...

I just did an internet speed test on my 7-year old iPad running Safari on iOS 10.3.3. I'm only getting half of what Foo's getting (15Mbps) but loading any page on this forum takes no more than 3sec.

In Point Cook on the outskirts of Melbourne obviously...

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,723 Posts
Mine seems same as usual - which is slow. Thanks NBN.

Pages are loading within about five to seven seconds most of the time. No time out errors.

PC is old as the hills Dell lappy with the now not supported windows 7. Google chrome as browser.

Location may not be relevant ? Dish location northern new south wales. ISP is in Mudgee. Transmission by NBN satellite.

Download
10.15 Mbps
Upload
6.68 Mbps

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,658 Posts
I thought speeds were fixed this morning but back to slow again at 8.12am replying to a post in General it took 9sec and as said before, other Forums are within a second with loading up.

Foo

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,282 Posts
I have a few other forums I visit on tapatalk.
This one is the slowest.
Sometimes worse than other times.
Sometimes I give up waiting and don't bother.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts