Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just. Installed the xtrons TD699G head unit, connected the camera and all working.
However when i put the car in reverse the headunit switches over to a black screen stating no device detected

Checked camare all is fine.. I know its in my wiring..

Connected from the back..

Positive and negative to the reverse light
Positive red tag lead from the RCA plug also to the reverse light
Yellow rca to yellow rca (video)
Black male rca to red female rca (must be for power)

To the head unit
Yellow jack into the r-cam jack
Red tag lead to the brown "back" wire

Black screen
Changed the red tag to the 12.v blue wire and i can only get an image if i select F-cam on the head unit

What am i doing wrong?
Help is appreciated..
ThanksDazz

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Most camera systems only need one wire only going to the cold side + of the reverse light circuit.
Does the camera monitor loom have a 2 way switch: Ignition/Reverse? I have know idea about the extrons head unit you speak of

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most camera systems only need one wire only going to the cold side + of the reverse light circuit.
Does the camera monitor loom have a 2 way switch: Ignition/Reverse? I have know idea about the extrons head unit you speak of
There is no loom.. There is an rca video jack with 2 tag wires at each end and anothe cable from the camera that goes to the positive and negative of the reverse light.. Xtron says i need to install a relay cause of the lack of power on the canbus but never advised how...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts