Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i would like some pics of where and how people have mounted the reverse cameras as iam looking at installing one dont know weather to get one with or without a GPS? Cheers Richard

·
Registered
nissan
303 Posts
On my GQ I mounted the camera at the top inside of small barn door looking out. It's out of the weather and can see from it fine.
It is stuck there, ignore the tape :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
I've been thinking about installing a reverse camera,
Just a thought for now, but I need to fit a wheel spacer so my larger spare will fit on the back door.

Now, I figured, why not fit a spacer with an extendable arm so I can fit a work light for camping, then figured, why not mount the reverse camera next to the light up on the pole?? Shouldn't get too grubby up here, and give you a pretty good view of what's behind.

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why not mount the reverse camera next to the light up on the pole?? Shouldn't get too grubby up here, and give you a pretty good view of what's behind.
I thought about that as well but wasnt shaw about the view you would get and how dirty it would get there i suppose no dirter than any where else.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,064 Posts
I used the existing screw hole that the cover for the license plate light uses, then went through the grommet that the wire for the light went through. Then it goes through the factory conduit in the door. No extra holes or anything.

Then I use a rear view mirror screen as I can't see out the back anyway I have hooked it up to constant accessory power so it's on when the car is on.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
Haven't got one fitted yet, but after plenty of trips playing in mud, muck and all sorts of stuff the back doors always seem reasonably clean... Worth a try??

I've just had some dark tint put onto the windows, so mounting a camera inside the car will mean I wont be able to see very much at all!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
326 Posts
Reverse camera

Hi i would like some pics of where and how people have mounted the reverse cameras as iam looking at installing one dont know weather to get one with or without a GPS? Cheers Richard
Pic of my reverse camera

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
My Cam on a Dual Wheel Carier Rear Bar

Here is a closer look of the Cam location in my truck.
As I have a steel rear bar that is also a dual wheel carier I placed it up next to the towbar.
I have had this out 4x4 ing and it still works a treat. Odly it did not get mud on it there. ( flucked that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you got a GPS unit or just a screen? Cheers Richard

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
914 Posts
I bought the camera for a Mitsubishi Lancer, a regular place where to put lighting plate
Patrol installed on the same instead of the light bulb plate
on the camcorder itself is a LED light plate
navigator in the passenger compartment set with AV and it brought the camcorder

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've got a camera mounted in the door handle, like some have shown. It goes to a GPS unit that automatically flicks to the rear view when you turn on the camera. If you're going to have a screen for a camera, it might as well do a GPS as well. 2 screens would bug me.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
I have one of Dig Options units. from this seller
eBay Australia Shop - DIG Options: Integrated Navigation Systems, Digital TV Receivers DVB-T

Here are a few pics of the unit. It has too many screens to put up on here, but I could email them if you want. Just PM me your email.

Also this unit has twin GPS set ups one for outback running Ozi Explorer and the other is the conventional urban iGO. It also runs WindowCE6.0
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
640 Posts
how do you get access to the rear number plate light grommet that the wire runs through?
That's how i want to do mine but i can't figure out how to remove the number plate light?

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
does anyone run a single din screen with full antenna control?
I would go double but my auber instrument gauges are in the pocket below the head unit.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts