Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got pictures of them Reverse light posts.

How affective are they in the bush, who makes them and how much, also if anyone has one up for sale please let me know.

·
Registered
nissan patrol sve
138 Posts
Hey Bushy, check out the DIY section or the vendors on this forum. They do work a treat!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bushy, check out the DIY section or the vendors on this forum. They do work a treat!
I did have quick look around but maybe i should look again.
I see your running HID is that for normal lights or spotties ? and how do you find them

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now they are really easy to make now i have seen one

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah Bushy, they are dead easy to make, me and my old man knocked up a set in a lazy weekend, and we're not the best welders at all. We got a bit tricky and added a remote control to it as well as the reverse switch which took a little bit of thinking but otherwise dead simple if you've got the time.

·
Registered
nissan
421 Posts
I just used 25mm box steel, and used longer bolts that go through the rear door.

Ill be changing to LED floodlights soon.

Cheers-
Stoffy

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
292 Posts
This is what i have done. A pair of Hella Marine flush mounted flood lights fitted into the rear bar. They are wired into a relay so they come on when reverse gear is selected, and also into a switch on the dash so they can be switched on at anytime.

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
This is what i have done. A pair of Hella Marine flush mounted flood lights fitted into the rear bar. They are wired into a relay so they come on when reverse gear is selected, and also into a switch on the dash so they can be switched on at anytime.

That is such a mad looking patrol, love the ute chop! Do you have a build thread?

TF

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
292 Posts
That is such a mad looking patrol, love the ute chop! Do you have a build thread?

TF
no sorry, unfortunately it never occured to me to take any photos while i was going through the process.....

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
914 Posts

good decision
I did almost the same way, moved to the top of turn signals and everything else and instead put the reversing light
I really liked this solution, now only to change to LED lights
bought in China is very cheap for 19 dollars apiece 15 watts
if you need to illuminate more space then I turn on the lights working on the trunk, there stands a 27-watt LED headlamp

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol sve
138 Posts
I did have quick look around but maybe i should look again.
I see your running HID is that for normal lights or spotties ? and how do you find them
Hey bushy, I run all front lights HID including front fogs, all 8000K. Not the best colour temperature for range but great for reflecting on road signs and PC plod!

I made my own double light bracket in an afternoon, took longer to wire the damn thing. I wired mine with an on/off/on switch so I can have them on all the time, off, or on with reverse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts