Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a 07 GU 3.0ltr D/turbo and I noticed it only has one reverse light on the passenger side. I went to change the bulb on the drivers side but discovered there was never a light there.
Is this correct?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Hehehe... I got chipped by a Scaley in a Patrol a few weeks back for the same thing. I told him that no GU Patrol released in Aus has a factory RH light and he didn't believe me.

Luckily he was driving one with Gov Rego so I said "Go and check yours"... Hehehe... at least he had the grace to apologise

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.....you all saved the dealer from copping an ear full tomorrow.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Yep that's right, what is even funnier is that Japs have run wires there for indicator and brake lights. Go figure the reasoning behind that. Sometimes I wonder if those making decision at Nissan are very confused persons. (I'm being very polite here, I'd prefer much stronger language to describe those but it will solve nothing.) It is the Nissan what else can you expect!
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Yep that's right, what is even funnier is that Japs have run wires there for indicator and brake lights. Go figure the reasoning behind that. Sometimes I wonder if those making decision at Nissan are very confused persons. (I'm being very polite here, I'd prefer much stronger language to describe those but it will solve nothing.) It is the Nissan what else can you expect!
Cheers
Thats because ADR's only apply to Australia... all the other countries get Patrols with working fully tail lights. It would cost them more NOT to wire 'em and have a different loom for Aus vehicles only.

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
Young fella doing my roadworthy wanted to knock me back because I had only one reverse light...

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
As said its normal. Just get another globe holder and wire it to the other lamp;)

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
2 Posts
How do you remove the lens cover to access the reversing globe in the GU patrol?
I have a 2004 ST 4.2 factory fittted turbo

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
You do not remove the lens cover, you remove the whole thing by removing the interior panel trim and taking out the whole light assembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts