Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
bought a Rich 160w solar panel for a camper trailer. The mppt controller has a black button and two led lights. I can't find anywhere what the display means etc
The manual is a translated Chinese one that doesn't really make any sense
Does anyone know how to set it up please.

Thanks
Ken

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
just plug it all together and connect to your battery. i bought one and instructions are in the bag. can't get at them right now but will get them tomorrow.

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just plug it all together and connect to your battery. i bought one and instructions are in the bag. can't get at them right now but will get them tomorrow.
Hi

thanks
It says its 12 / 24 volt though, so if it goes for 24 volt it will cook my batteries.
Would like to know what the button does, hopefully your instructions make sense mine sure dont

Ken

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi

thanks
It says its 12 / 24 volt though, so if it goes for 24 volt it will cook my batteries.
Would like to know what the button does, hopefully your instructions make sense mine sure dont

Ken
Good day Kendacre, looks like the same 1 I have but hard to tell, pretty straight forward, see the pic. attached. Any queries just buzz me. Mine also is a 12/24 volt controller, it can be used with either .
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

No this is what mine looks like. Two led numbers and a black button
ken

Attachments

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
if it only has two leads to go to battery with clamps on will only find the one battery. had one battery in my camper and just connected to that. if you have two batteries just connect to one. to test disconnect everything from battery and then attach leads and see what display says. mine has no display or black button , just two lights red and green.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi

No this is what mine looks like. Two led numbers and a black button
ken
I wouldn't be to concerned about the buttons etc, it either works or it doesn't. Use a multi meter to check at the battery end whats coming into the battery. As far as I know anywhere between 12-14 volts is normal. When I first set mine up I was not directly to the battery, but via the fittings at the back and that caused problems, so providing you going directly to the battery from the controller you should not have a problem. If still not happy, just replace it with a new one with out the bells and whistles. My elcheapo one was only $9.00 on ebay, works fine, The original one that came with the panels just died, but it was the same brand and size.
Good luck.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,015 Posts
Looks similar to mine, connect to the battery first, this sets the voltage. I don't use the load terminals. The little wire with the black nob is a temperature sensor. I got mine from a company in Victoria who had a decent translation and gave advice over the phone.

·
Registered
892 Posts
There has been some sold which have nothing inside much at all, certainly not MPPT.
Check the output so you dont bugger batteries
Should never see more than 14 or so volts. Solar cell should put out up to say 19 or so

1 - 9 of 9 Posts