Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday fellas

im going to get some sunraysia rims for my gq to put 35" muddies on. was wondering what the best offset would be.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I am running -12 and my 35s sit 1-2mm past the factory flares.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What size rim? as the offset will depend on that.

For a 7" rim, I would go around -13mm
For a 8" rim, I would go around -25mm
For a 10" rim, I would go around -44mm

In each case the back of the wheel will sit in the same place, its only the size of the dish that will increase.

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
What size rim? as the offset will depend on that.

For a 7" rim, I would go around -13mm
For a 8" rim, I would go around -25mm
For a 10" rim, I would go around -44mm

In each case the back of the wheel will sit in the same place, its only the size of the dish that will increase.
Would you say the same for 33's x 12.5?

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not sure what size rim ill be running. what size do u rekon is best for 35s?

i was thinking 8'' but would 10'' let the tyres bag out more at low pressures?

im also going to get bead locks if that makes any differance?
what bead locks are the best, i cant seem to find much info on them. im after the exterior ring style bead locks not the internal ones. but i have no clue what brand they are or where to get them.

cheers

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
8's the tyres will stay on rims better.
10's look fooly sik but tend to lose beads.

Do you need beadlocks?

what actual brand/model tyre are you going to run?

·
Registered
nissan
572 Posts
Also keen for what rim sizes people are running, Ive got 10" -44 rims but there a pain to flare without looking crap. So a 8" -25 or just 10" shouldn't cause too much drama with scrubbing? running 35x12.5 and only scrubbing is from the front right tyre hitting the quarter panel which is apparently due to the lift etc

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just realised i already have 8s haha they do look pretty wide.
yeah i think i will need bead locks with the 4x4ing i intend to do one my rig is setup properly.
i think im gonna run sunnies with 35'' mickey thompson MTZs. i also wanna get a set of 37s or something like that later on.

but for the sunnies with 35 MTXs what rim size and offest would u recomend? and also bead loxka? i dont know of any brand names of them or anywhere that sels them

cheers

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Olly you won't need beadlocks with 8 inch rims if you run the correct tyre pressures. With 10s they needed as you can loose a bead at relatively high pressures.

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
So just to clarify, if standard width tyres are 10.5inch and you increase your tyre to 12.5inch that means that your wheel is now 2 inches wider than standard - regardless of rim size.
That means that your new 12.5inch tyres are sticking out 1inch further each side.

Now if you want to keep the same clearance from the side wall to inner guard as once was standard, shouldn't you increase the rim offset by 1inch?

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just reading thru my old posts, pretty funny actualy, i had no idea what i was talking about.
my rims are 10'' wide not 8 like i said. and im only ever gonna run 33s.
bead locks would be good tho coz ive rolled a fair few off the front. even at 18-20psi.
ive let em down to 3psi to get out before and not rolled one off tho:/
i have some fancy rims tho, cant remember what brand so i would have to get new rims for bead locks. unless i went internal which i hear are **** anyway?

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks pretty fancy! Ill look around. Don't think it's too high on my list of priorities tho. Just something to do down the track. Or something I would jump on if a good deal poped up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks like a pretty good system. What about the other bit, is it just like a ring that bolts on?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts