Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Hmmmm suicide? I'm shocked. So much talent. He will be missed

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
I was only talking to someone about him the other day, the fact that he had dropped right off the radar in the last year or so. COD will be interesting, if it was suicide, you would have thought he had so much to live for.

I will never forget The World According to Garp, I still think it was his best movie, will always remember the line when the plane crashed into the house :grinroll::grinroll::grinroll::grinroll:.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
I was only talking to someone about him the other day, the fact that he had dropped right off the radar in the last year or so. COD will be interesting, if it was suicide, you would have thought he had so much to live for.

I will never forget The World According to Garp, I still think it was his best movie, will always remember the line when the plane crashed into the house :grinroll::grinroll::grinroll::grinroll:.
Depression doesn't really give a flying fook what you have to live for.

Cheers

Justin

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts

The book was fantastic too, well worth a read if you find a copy.

I loved Mork and Mindy in the late seventies, and wasn't he in the movie of Popeye in the early 80s or something?

An irreplaceable loss to the entertainment industry and the world.

RIP

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
Had to do a double take when I heard it reported on the radio. There seems to be a lot of well known people falling off the perch for one reason or another lately.

RIP Robin Willians

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
Depression doesn't really give a flying fook what you have to live for.

Cheers

Justin
It was just an observation from the opposite side, I know of this first hand, eldest Daughter suffers from it real bad, she's Bipola.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,105 Posts
Very sad news. Even after seeing first hand the effects of severe depression it still completely amazes me how well it can be hidden from those that are close.

RIP.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,864 Posts
Very sad news. Even after seeing first hand the effects of severe depression it still completely amazes me how well it can be hidden from those that are close.

RIP.
Yes that's right they become experts at hiding it until the bubble bursts at one time or another.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
Well bugger me, he's one of those blokes that I thought would live forever, especially as a kid.

Very sad.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,814 Posts
Shazbut ...

I had read over the last year or so that he was having problems and thought to my self I hope he does not do something stupid like so many other very quirky and talented people do ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts