Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys..

Bob's (T0nka) brother here, i see that my bro was a sort of regular here and a few people might know him, he passed away suddenly on the 18th and we laid him to rest last Saturday, He was only 45, I saw this website on his 4wd windscreen so i thought i would come and let you guys know..

But, his Patrol will not die, he loved that thing and thats all he talked about, also spent a motza of cash after the engine blew on his trip to Sydney many years ago, $12,000 just for engine i think it was, also added many extras like leather seats and so on, so the story now is, i will continue his journey on the patrol cause i just cant sell it, meant the world to him, his unfinished project will become my project, so please excuse me for any future dumb questions i might ask, as in, "whats this thing he installed"
I plan to spend up to 15k on getting it right, will start with a full body pearl white 3m vehicle wrap, my bro has cut the passenger dashboard open for a laptop project but i will replace it with a new complete dashboard, if i can find 1

Thanks guys

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
welcome to the forum. my condolences to you and your family on your brothers passing. feel free to ask any questions on here. put up what model and engine and where you are, it helps people to know what you are building.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Goz, I am very sorry for your loss mate :(

I always enjoyed TOnka's participation here, he seemed like a great guy.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Certainly remember TOnkas saga with his Patrol. He had some really bad luck with it.

Condolences to you and your family.

We are all here to help you taking on the Patrol as a project.

Cheers

Justin

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Sorry to hear about TOnka and thank you for letting us know.

We hope you can enjoy the patrol as much as he did, and if there is anything you need just let us know on the forum.

Regards

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,084 Posts
Hey goz, condolences on your loss.

I believe your brother was also a member of mypatrol4x4.com while we had some issues here a couple of years ago.
If you search there also it might help you track down other work he completed on the patrol.

Good luck with the patrol and keep us updated how you get on with it.

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Rest In Peace Bob, T0nka. My condolences.

Goz Taking over the project is a noble thing and I wish you luck.

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys
Bob lived up at Tweed Heads, Im in Sydney, so Im in the process of getting it transported to Sydney, It's a 1998 GU Patrol 2.8d turbo?, reading some of his posts here is making me pretty teary, just read 1 where he said, "Tonka will be with me till I die" sorry Bob, you might have passed, but Tonka will still be here in the family

Thanks for the other link GUEY, will need all the help i can get in regards to whats hes done to it and what needs to be done, wont pass blue slip cause of the dashboard.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,098 Posts
:(

Foo

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
My condolences to you and your family in this hard time.
It is good to hear that T0nka's hard work and dedication won't go to waste now.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Bloody hell, shock, 45, what a waste, although he was not regular I do remember him well from here and mypatrol. Commiserations to you, the family and friends. Welcome to the forum under such sad circumstances.

RIP mate.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Goz, your brother was also active on nissanpatrol.com.au

You have to do an intro post there when you join, this is his: Hello?

Reactions: A4B

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Ahh fuk thats sad news :( I liked t0nka, he was a good egg. I think he left due to too much T&A???

My sincerest condolences goz.

Rip T0nka.

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ye i seen on the other forum there was some dramas here which made him leave, but im not about pointing fingers and having a grudge on the sake of small talk, its a 4wd patrol brotherhood and im sure it can continue that way, times to short to be arguing for small reasons, like i said, he was 45 and healthy, overweight maybe but no signs what so ever when he passed, proves to me that life is really that short and you never know when your time is up

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Shyte..really sorry to hear the news and big thanks for coming on and telling us!
Sincere condolences mate.

Cheers
Jamie

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
Very sad news, thanks for letting us know, please let the other forum know if you can , I had a few small chats with Tonk over there, he came across as a genuine and nice person, all the best to his family.

·
Registered
nissan
177 Posts
Rip, Condolences to family and friends.

I maybe able to help with the dash, I'll have a look at my wrecked Gu tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts