Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my roadrunner rear arms on for maybe 12 month's maybe a bit longer
not sure but anyway they are tough no bends yet but the bushes are flogged out already. Is this common? I'm sure I have the arms on the correct way offset at the chassis angling the arm in.
So what bushes to fit now?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
The exhaust carbon build up on your diff is putting extra weight on that side of the diff making the bush flog out. Trust me, I'm on the internet.

In other news, that arm looks twisted to me. It might just be the photo.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
here's Anthony at Roadrunners number 0458508793

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,724 Posts
When I first fitted these RR arms, I was getting a dull thud on initial take off.
Fitted Nissan bushes to the RR arms, and all good again.
I reckon the supplied bushes aren't real flash.

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
If u don't get good quality bushes they flog out real quick. I've bought cheap ones before and only got about 6 months outta them before they are stuffed

·
Registered
nissan
425 Posts
I got RR uppers and hd lowers in for about 2 yrs and bushes all good still.

Greg

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Very odd my superior uppers and lowers are around 7 years old and I recently had them out the rubbers were still in great condition .

·
Registered
nissan
885 Posts
Mine are good after a few years.

Some bushes are better quality than others, but they're a consumable item as well I guess. If your panhard is poorly aligned you'll load the bushes up and destroy them quicker too. Bolt siezed inside the sleeve?

You probably wheel this truck more than anyone else on the forum, but I'd be disappointed with less than a few years life.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
920 Posts
check how is the rear axle travel, do you have a adjustable panhard?
Bushes get worm fast when, specially the upper control arms, the axle has been moved in one of both sides and it is out of center (left side when the lift is higher than 2")

·
Registered
297 Posts
The cal off-road bushes that came in my superior lower arms were much the same, did not last long. Just replace them with genuine Nissan bushes and they'll probably last years. The ones in my factory arms are still fine after 13 years.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
yr hardcore mate, if the posters above did the driving you do instead of preparing for show & shines or taking fully sic flex shots maybe their bushes would wear out

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
I went away to the neoprene ones as I had diff rocking under power with the factory ones. The gaps in the rubber ones were always freshly black at both sides of all the bushes. Too much lead footing I suppose. I've read where many have said these neoprene ones will crack up, but haven't seen this yet. I am however setting up for much more flex, so it may soon be a factor. If so I'll just change them out every year or so, as I can't stand the diff rocking, it would be worse with the Detroit now too.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
I went away to the neoprene ones as I had diff rocking under power with the factory ones. The gaps in the rubber ones were always freshly black at both sides of all the bushes. Too much lead footing I suppose. I've read where many have said these neoprene ones will crack up, but haven't seen this yet. I am however setting up for much more flex, so it may soon be a factor. If so I'll just change them out every year or so, as I can't stand the diff rocking, it would be worse with the Detroit now too.
I use bushes from a seller in Melbourne,yellow rubber,better than genuine,3 piece.add big washers on the rear lowers on body mount.lasted over 18 mths so far.$125 frt control arm/panhard,same $ for back 4 arms and panhard

1 - 20 of 28 Posts