Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to get rock sliders on my 2010 patrol i have spoken to macquarie 4x4 everything sound great even the price but im unsure about welding anything to the chasie on a new car

i want to know if anyone has had macquarie 4x4 do work on there trucks and if welding to the chasie is safe or anything to look out for thanks

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
x2 bolsy's product is good and easy to fit yourself. Price is right too ........

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
x3 got a set of his on and have not dinted my sills since. Took me 1.5 hrs to put on. Look the goods too. Best 5 hungy i spent on mine so far.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the imput guys it funny to see that you guy are so happy with these but i got a hand full of pm's waring me about him. the one that concernd me was that he use to be the best around and that in recent times his quality has gone backwards.

i dont know what to belive but im leaning towards Bolsy's what $600 if they turn out crap

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
I don't know who told you that mate but i bought mine 3 months ago and the quality and service was great.
I hope Bolsy doesn't read that last post. He'll go off. He does his best to help everyone. A real genuine bloke i thought.

·
Registered
nissan
11,050 Posts
ive had my bolsy sliders for about 18 months now and no dramas with them at all. my only gripe is the time it takes him to make em. he is a pretty busy bloke and doesnt get all the time he needs to throw em togeather but well worth the wait imo.
but can think off the very top of my head 2 other big name places that weld a plate to the chassis and then bolt the sliders onto that.
cheezy racing sliders are done like that and also wizard performance do so as well.
imo its probably a better mounting system anyway. just needs to be welded properly.
and speaking to the bloke who owns cheezy racing when i got my bar said he works proactively with 2 engineers in victoria who are more than happy to sign off on his design of sliders welded to the chassis.
fwiw anyway

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
Yeah also not sure why "they" would say quality has gone backwards. He actually had me waiting a month or more for mine but only because he could not get his hands on decent graded materials at the time. He was very helpful and friendly when I picked up the sliders from his place.

I do not think the man would piss all over his own doorstep by selling crap to people out there.

·
Registered
nissan navara
109 Posts
Guys, without giving away who I am and what I do (Jet6 has met me, great light by the way mate) I can assure you that any welding of any chassis then requires an engineers certificate to clear the vehicle and it will get detected. The heat in a weld alone can damage chassis rails, at the minimum it will get you a defect notice, it can end in deregistration and of course insurance could and would be an issue. We all get away with little things but welding of chassis without a clearance is very high on the list so make sure you ask and then submit it to your registration/regulatory authority.

·
Registered
nissan
69 Posts
Have you thought about Millweld? - they offer weld and bolt on options. Great quality, they have moved to Mansfield recently, but still have place where you can get them fitted on the east side of melbourne.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts