Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how much difference there is in light, brightness and distance between the roo and lightforce spots in the 170mm range? mainly looking at halogen in long distance.

cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply, nearly all reference to roo vs lightforce is on the 240 LF vs the 220 roo.
My question was on 170/180mm.

I am after real life comparisons.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
322 Posts
i think the roo light is a pretty good light for what youre paying
each to their own

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
thanks for reply, nearly all reference to roo vs lightforce is on the 240 LF vs the 220 roo.
My question was on 170/180mm.

I am after real life comparisons.

cheers
I've tried the smaller version of the lightforce aswell, gives out the same light compared to roo lites - no difference.

but the lightforce was stronger (durability), could take a hard hit and still be in one piece (good for 4wding).

The only reason why I ditched my roo lites was because, after a deep water crossing there were water inside the lights. I went to the same water crossing, with the lightforce, but even faster through water - not a drop of water inside.

Roo lites - bargain, but won't last you long if you plan to do long time 4wding.

Lightforce - reliable (piece of mind).

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much difference there is in light, brightness and distance between the roo and lightforce spots in the 170mm range? mainly looking at halogen in long distance.

cheers.
i have roolites, they shudder with the bullbar and gets anoying at night with em on...i was spewin when i 1st bought em im use to it now...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that guys

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
dash lights and head lights not workin

hey guys my lights in my dash just stopped workin a couple a weeks ago.. and then not long after my lights died aswell ?? any ideas??.. do u think its a same problem or 2 different problems??

thanks guys any help will be amazing as needs to be fixed asap!!

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
[snip]

I would be having a look at the relay, if you have too much power draw you may have melted/shorted it. Also make sure you check the fuses.

2 weeks between problems makes me think they are unrelated - i.e. it will need two fixes. The root cause might be the same for both though.

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
gave the old man a set of roolites and he loves em. apart from they keep cutting out. like the bulb contact is a bit sus. so we shall fix that with a lovely hid kit from jet. then all shall be swell again.
can possibly compare apples with apples though next week as bout to give the sister a set of lf 170s so.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can possibly compare apples with apples though next week as bout to give the sister a set of lf 170s so.

will wait for your report mate.

cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
As for light i can't say but for durability you can't go past the lightforce the number of times i have droped a hand held light from the roof of the ute with no damage is amazing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts