Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. A New 4x4 (and Patrol) driver. I have a 2019 y62 ti-L which I am loving but need to get a roof rack. Had ordered the ARB base rack but now understand it wont be available in my timeframe. The one on offer is the Rhinorack... obviously more $$ but was concerned about the reviews in relation to road noise. Is there any feedback on this and any other interesting recommendations ?

With thanks
R

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,581 Posts
I have a Rhino flat plain alluminium rack on my 22 year old GU (owned since new), I previously had an ARB steel rack with sides, bloody heavy and awkward to remove. The Rhino flat plain has been on for around 8 years and done a lot of outback trips, you will hear bad stories about aluminium racks and indeed I've seen many broken ones on the sides of roads in the outback, so quality is the key and Rhino has it. Road noise isn't an issue, set the rack up on the roof taking in mind the angle of airflow up the windscreen and over the front of the roof.
My 2 cents worth.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,581 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,361 Posts
I have just fitted the ARB base rack to mine. You start to notice the wind noise once you go above 95Ks. It's not to bad but noticeable, unless you also get a strong side wind then it howls.

Try other ARB dealers around you. I couldn't get one in Brisbane ended up getting one from the Caloundra store

1 - 6 of 6 Posts