Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
I am dropping into a store to enquire on cost to do this. I also want it hooked up to an inverted at the rear left so that it runs off this battery only.

I believe there is a smaller battery you can use

Will post what I find out. Reckon it will be a good part of $1000 to do this. Maybe more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
I got one fitted in mine that got delivered this week
Only a small yellow optima but they got it in

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Engine bay against the firewall on passenger side

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
They were asking what I needed the secondary battery for. They don't just want to sell you a dual battery but ensure it is suitable for you.

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
103 Posts
They were asking what I needed the secondary battery for. They don't just want to sell you a dual battery but ensure it is suitable for you.

Hey I have spent 46 years out bush more on and off and newer needed a second inbuilt battery. From all of my experience the controllers are not reliable and often leave the second on flat, even with the top redarc products. Modern alternaters only recharge the main battery and are so sophisticated that they refuse to acknowledge the need to put more charge into a second one. Why not have a seperate one sitting in the back to run your fridge etc and have either a trickle charge from your cigarette lighter or a solar panel if camping to keep it topped up??? So many of my friends that use these have nothing but disappointment from them, save "da money". Look at the weight saving on the front end as well!!! cheers :D

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
If the battery is in the rear , by law it has to be secured. This would take up valuable space as I need one of those seats to be used.

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
If the battery is in the rear , by law it has to be secured. This would take up valuable space as I need one of those seats to be used.

Sounds like a man with a family!
There will be plenty of room in mine - myself and the bride up front - my Rottie behind the bride on his own platform (one seat left for a grand child) and all the gear in the back with the 6&7 removed.
My plans for the second BIG battery is on the floor under neath of where the cargo barrier would normaly go. I plan on a water tank down low under the draw system where 6&7 would normally hide and the battery fitted in to the end of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts