Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been driving my gu 2001 zd30 today and all was good. Until I went to start up up tonight to head out, when I started it up it idled like crap until I gave it a tiny rev and it went back to running ok again. Now every time I start the car hot or cold it idles rough until I raise the revs even buy 100-200 rpm and it's good as gold again... Any ideas? It's got my f**ked.. Possibly somthing in the fuel?? Not sure..

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Dual mass flywheel or injectors. It must be that time of the year for rough idles. Join the club :)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Dual mass flywheel or injectors. It must be that time of the year for rough idles. Join the club :)
Don't think it would be the dual mass as that should return to crap when revs drop again and there is usually a bit of clatter with it, but what I would be checking a few times is how many pumps it takes to make the primer bulb firm before you start it, could be air pockets in the system.

Yes we have had a rash of rough idles, some could be attributed to glow plugs but not this one.

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had the a reco gear box put in about 2months ago and flywheel/clutch was all sweet, had one of my mates tonight have a quick look at it and seems that injector 4(closest to the firewall ) seems to be leaky, but will have another look tomorrow with daylight... As I'm still new to these motors and diesel motors in general coming from a gq tb42 lol how much of a ***** of a job would it be to fix?? Cheers for the help guys don't seem to be having to much luck today either. Just fitted my egt and boost gauge and of course looks like I got a faulty egt gauge aswell :( dam speco

And it's running rough now even pulling up to the lights on idle, give it a little rev and back to normal ...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts