Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just a few questions about suspension setups in gqs. Quick rundown of the vehicle. 1991 gq td42ti drawers sliders etc so theres a bit of weight in it . 4 inch dobinsons coils (bit sagged) 6 inch tough dog adjustable shocks. 3-5 inch superflex radius arms. Rtc damper. +16mm lower control arms. Solid tie rod and steering arm. Rear swaybars only. Standard panhards at the moment. Ive noticed compared to mates gqs mine rides very rough. Dosent handle bumps well and corrugated roads just send big vibrations throughout the whole vehicle while my mates glide over them with ease and smooth! Shocks are on the 2nd softest setting and shocks are working when adjusting. Panhard bushes are flogged but have new adjustable panhards on the way. Seems to flog steering damper bushes out quick too. Anyway main question is those rubber dampers that sit between the coil tower and coils. Mine were removed due to being buggered. I seem to think they may have an effect on the ride especially over corrugations. As not much else could send vibrations through the chassis and into the cab. Does anyone know where to get some or if they are worth it? Cheers guys

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
45 Posts
What spring rates are you running? Tyre pressures? Wouldnt think having no rubber hats on top of ur springs would help either...

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Yep throw the tough dogs in the bin!
Mine are around 18mths old and cactus, always were rough, but as got more worn out ride got worse
and I currently run Dobinson springs

·
Registered
Nissan
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spring rate are heavy duty. Dont know exact rate. Running 32psi in the tires. So shocks are more then likely to be the problem? Cheers

·
Registered
331 Posts
heavy duty springs is why.
they are sooo hard put some standard duty ones in and new shocks if you can afford them.
the shocks will only make it softer, and bouncyer if they are stuffed, they wont make it rough.

you need softer springs then shocks just to control it all a little better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts