Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be mounting some roof mounted lights soon and wondered how people are routing the cables inside the car? I don't fancy drilling holes in the roof though.....any little tricks I should know about?

·
Registered
nissan patrol 1989 wagon
5 Posts
hoffy8

Hi Streaky
I read in 4wd mag that they are taking them through the Safari Snorkel. which they say is easy & does not affect the vehicle.
Hoffy8

·
Registered
nissan patrol
200 Posts
I ran mine down the passenger side behind the snorkel easy as if you have a second battery to

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
An alternative if you have a full roof rack and maybe also have worklights at the rear is to run the wires down to underneath the car but on the outside of the door seal, no holes drilled except a few 5mm ones for riveting saddles, but you could use sticky pads to cable tie it too if you wanted to...

Not my doing this one but you get the gist...

·
Registered
nissan
812 Posts
of there is not to many wires ive seen them run from engine bay up the side of the windscreen under the windscreen rubber

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Roof light wiring

Hi Guys,

I ran my wires down through the snorkel and out by the air filter through a sealed rubber grommet. A nice neat solution but only if you do it when you fit the snorkel! Stripping it out after it has been mastic sealed would be a pain.

Cheers, Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts