Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent purchase of 35's the pulling left and 80k wheel shake was unbearable, I finally purchased a tough dog extereme rtc and holy s##t what a difference... After a few adjustments I'm now traveling in a straight line and the super shakes are almost non existent!!! after reading positive and negative about these I am adding one to the positives...

Ps... 33's also had the shakes, but not all that bad...
And steering was barely noticable...

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Troy funny you should say that. After reading lots of comments on here about the wobbles it seems that replacing the damper is a mask for the real issue.

BUT

I had the wobbles bad, and i took it in to ARB and got them to check EVERYTHING. After replacing the damper with an OME (not rtc btw) it fixed everything.. So i ask, is there anything else that could be causing my wobbles?

No they said, your damper was totally farked. Your bushes and all that other jazz is fine he says.

So i shrug at comments on here about further issues past the damper. maybe time will tell if ARB was right or wrong

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Troy funny you should say that. After reading lots of comments on here about the wobbles it seems that replacing the damper is a mask for the real issue.

BUT

I had the wobbles bad, and i took it in to ARB and got them to check EVERYTHING. After replacing the damper with an OME (not rtc btw) it fixed everything.. So i ask, is there anything else that could be causing my wobbles?

No they said, your damper was totally farked. Your bushes and all that other jazz is fine he says.

So i shrug at comments on here about further issues past the damper. maybe time will tell if ARB was right or wrong
Your absolutely right if it is the steering damper. But the rtc's mask issue's (IMO) as for pulling to one side. I think it's a patrol thing. Mine does it and I've heard it do it on heaps of others. But like I said good luck. I hope it works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts