Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, im sick of how fragile the stock flares are. ive got one of 4 of my flares that ISNT broken and rubbing / flapping against my panelwork

im looking into the rubber flare kits you see around the place. My next question, for those that have done it, is how much do you exactly need. I dont want to buy a 6m coil and find im just short

making them suit to factory mudflaps doesnt bother me, as ive gotten rid of them ages ago, so got generic rubber ones (that are half falling off too LOL)

for reference, these are the ones im lookin at:

NISSAN PATROL,NAVARA ETC RUBBER WHEEL ARCH FLARES (eBay item 290499234888 end time 22-Nov-10 15:38:06 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

·
Registered
227 Posts
clark rubber, and just mesure your guards and buy enough to cover em

I prefer clark rubber flairs than bushranger or bunning edges (they can hold a can better)

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
6m is spot on for a GQ but Go 7m for a little playing room. i used the bunings garden edging that was 6m in length and i had about an inch left.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I just finished doing mine about an hour ago. I bought a 6m roll from roadrunner offroad ( ebay ) and had about 700mm left GQ patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
What am I looking for at Clark rubber, does it have a name or?

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
Yeah i used the Bushranger flare rubber, a 3 metre roll was easily enough to do rear guards (with mudflaps fitted), so front's shouldn't be a problem as the guards are shorter.

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for the input guys, gives me something to do in the upcoming months

Matty lawn edging is where it's at!!!!! Ghetto
lol, this is one vehicle i wont be going ghetto on. i hate the standard garden edging ones when they sag

·
Registered
378 Posts
don kayat on regancy rd at croydon sells it and i think his prices are pretty reasonable

·
Registered
227 Posts
at clark rubber they just have rolls of rubber, choose the thickness and width you need. I went the thickest, it can hold a can okay lol

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Anyone got pictures of a GU with rubber flares from Clark rubber or the like?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Went with Bushranger flares, not cheap but I like the quality of them.
Looks the ducks mate.
With a tidy looking truck like that (well, what I can see of it) I think it's worth getting the real deal.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks the ducks mate.
With a tidy looking truck like that (well, what I can see of it) I think it's worth getting the real deal.
Thanks mate.

My old flares were even a bit wider, they're fine for daily trips around town and for slight offroading but sometimes dont help much when fooling around on a muddy paths :)

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I used some 10mm rubber from clark rubber, cost me about $110 for 1.5 metres of it, then cut it lengthways into strips and it covered all 4 wheel arches, I made it really wide for the front so it covered right to the inner guard, that way it stops mud getting up into the inner guard section and in the front door hinge area.. The reason I didn't use bunnings garden edging was it wasn't wide enough to do the front properly, and the moulded rubber for flares is max of 75mm wide, but my flares stick out 120mm or more.. Here are some pictures:

Front inside before the aluminium

I also put some 1.6mm ally down the back for support, as the flares stick out 120mm + at the back of the front arch.

End Result

1 - 16 of 16 Posts