Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the rubber trim between the body and the flares coming out/twisting? Mine is coming out at certain points around the car and while I can push it back in it doesn't stay there. It can also be easily dislodged if I hit it with the hose when washing. Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
nissan
92 Posts
I used superglue to put mine back in, seems to work. I glued only were the rubber touches the flare not the paint.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
bloody annoying isn't it .. have to shove mine back in after every reasonable trip down the highway.
I was thinking either glueing it or black sikaflex ..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same problem except mine have gone brittle and break when i try to push them back. Clark rubber stuff looks good. Some guy on ebay is selling tubing for SLR5000 flares maybe this would fit?

Steve

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Looks like another weekend project. There's always something... :roll:

·
Registered
nissan
117 Posts
Its gotta be cheaper than local Nissan dealer's quote of $79 EACH FLARE....highway robbery!

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
I was just having the same problem here. So Clark Rubber has this kind of trim, cool. I rarely go there as Clark Rubber is the biggest rippoff shop ever. If anyone has had success with a/m trim let us know.

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Went to Clarkeee's today. $6/m too. Just have to worlout how much I need. There'll be $50 in it minimum. Yikes.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
stevepet said:
Same problem except mine have gone brittle and break when i try to push them back. Clark rubber stuff looks good. Some guy on ebay is selling tubing for SLR5000 flares maybe this would fit?

Steve
got a roll of it at home to try..

but my left rear flair is rooted which doesnt help

cuppatea said:
I rarely go there as Clark Rubber is the biggest rippoff shop ever.
same, I dont remember it being as bad as it is now.. went to get some foam rubber, and had to call 000
I thought that was only cause all the stores I go in are run by Apu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts