Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys Just looking at a gq wagon for sale on the net. The wagon has a 2in spring lift and 2in body lift. I was wondering can you get a RWC in QLD with a 2in body lift?
Cheers, Josh

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
im on my phone so i cant copy and paste, but look at my recient posts i had a thread reciently, my reply wasnt state specific but i was enquiring about
vic, have a read, the outcome was 2inch max in any way shape or form without engineers cert. Have a read mate

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Mate please search you will find the answer

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
My GQ has a 2" body lift, approved and stamped by DOT, and it got a roady.

·
Registered
nissan
1,176 Posts
Benno, did it also have a suspension lift fitted at the time of inspection, or was 2'' the total lift ?

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,638 Posts
Suspension lift has nothing to do with getting a body lift certified in qld.

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
in qld you need to apply for the body lift first to the dot and then once they allow it, it then goes for the inspection over the pits...so make sure everything else is in order haha

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
I was under the impression you could only legally have 2 inches of "total lift" above factory ?
You can get approval for a 2" body lift as noted above, plus get a suspension lift. Susp. lift max height is a grey area to do with a 1/3 of bump stop travel retained rule, but the general industry interpretation seems to be 2". So in reality, 2+2.

Cheers
Craig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts