Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is keen for a trip first weekend of April. Haven't got destinations sorted but maybe the quarry for a day or somethin followed by a beer. Post up ideas and we will go somewhere.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,658 Posts
a drive down the murray mouth followed by a beer and meal at one of the pubs down that way

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess we should start with which day your keen for. Wouldn't mind a go in the local place, you all know where. Then cruise to the hills or south if there is any fun around. Hopefully we can make a fun day of it and get some new faces around.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was just thinkin that mark. Supposed to rain this weekend coming so hopefully the moisture hangs around.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hey guys. Dont worry about Morgan anymore. i was there yetserday (saturday) and there are fence posts up at the entrance. The coils of wire are lying on the ground ready to go up on monday I presume. Once more we are locked out for the sake of a sanctury(not sure what they are trin to protect in there) and we will all be forced into paying to enjoy our 4x4's.
i wouldn't mind betting that the local bussiness will be a bit pissed when thry realise there weekend takings are down by 25%.
I dont' know about you but I always tried to support the locals by bying lunch or some fuel or whatever.

Sick of being locked out. They (the government at all levels) are making it harder and harder for us to enjoy our chosen pastime by reducing acces to areas and then wonder and complian when the remaining areas get closed.

Wait and see and I bet there will be a **** load of 4x4ers going to Morgan only to find the quarry closed so thet will go over the river to the conservation park. Then that will get f*cked up and will be closed also. And the cycl will continue untill its all of limits.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where bouts in the river land. May as well explore all options.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
well; myself and vanderbro are from Berri.

ive got my shorty, and he has to drive his MK..
he done the clutch in his mav when he sunk it.

depends if your doing a day trip, or over nighter...
ie, day 1; could be cruise about the riverland, check out the river, the floods, little 4x4 areas, go for a drive up the old wentworth road.. etc.. and day 2; to make it fun, head out to Loveday 4x4.

providing no one is working, there is prob 3 trucks i could get out doing something.

but jusst an idea.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
Well there is a good place down south in adelaide im not keen for any long drives atm as i have a heap of work to do to fix my steering wobbles. Car is horrible on the highway atm

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pm sent mikegq

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hey guys. Dont worry about Morgan anymore. i was there yetserday (saturday) and there are fence posts up at the entrance. The coils of wire are lying on the ground ready to go up on monday I presume. Once more we are locked out for the sake of a sanctury(not sure what they are trin to protect in there) and we will all be forced into paying to enjoy our 4x4's.
i wouldn't mind betting that the local bussiness will be a bit pissed when thry realise there weekend takings are down by 25%.
I dont' know about you but I always tried to support the locals by bying lunch or some fuel or whatever.

Sick of being locked out. They (the government at all levels) are making it harder and harder for us to enjoy our chosen pastime by reducing acces to areas and then wonder and complian when the remaining areas get closed.

Wait and see and I bet there will be a **** load of 4x4ers going to Morgan only to find the quarry closed so thet will go over the river to the conservation park. Then that will get f*cked up and will be closed also. And the cycl will continue untill its all of limits.
Exactly, it will only put more pressure (and damage) on other public areas.
I say damage because I know what some of the 4wd fraternity can be like (which is unfortunate) such as driving off parks tracks, on private property, wrecking fences etc etc. Even Loveday has rules about staying on most of the tracks and speed limits etc there but there are purpose built tracks for cutting sick too.
Same as Black C o ckatoo 4wd & Camping near Naracoorte. Wanna see how good your rig and driving is? Go to this place or Loveday! These are places built for the style of 4wdriving that weekend warriors want to do. Public parks and tracks are not and never were
Tread lightly in them and they'll remain open in the future so everyone can enjoy them.

Not pointing the finger at anyone on here but I've seen a pattern over the last few years in SA.
Public tracks and certain park areas and their adjacent vegetated land gets ripped up and abused, rubbish gets left around, so it gets closed off, we complain and whinge, then find some other public place to do the same. And the cycle continues. Some 4wdrivers need to grow up and take responsibility or we'll lose the lot in the future.
Lecture over and flame suit on :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
I guess we should start with which day your keen for. Wouldn't mind a go in the local place, you all know where. Then cruise to the hills or south if there is any fun around. Hopefully we can make a fun day of it and get some new faces around.[/QUOT

Hey Trav, could be up for a local day out myself, have not been out for a while and am keen to meet some new faces.Could do 2nd or 3rd April

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
Will be interstate - have to miss this one :(
Hope you have some fun and keep the usual carnage down :)

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so a couple keen thus far. No worries darren we'll head out some other time.
I'll put my foot down and say Sunday 3rd April.
Would you prefer morning or afternoon. Next question is where to meet up.
Just a suggestion could be colonades car park around 9 on Sunday before the shops open. Then cruise where ever.
If anyone can bring along or pm some track suggestions and we will try make a day of it.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,658 Posts
sunday sounds good but col carpark is huge which part.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool. There is a plan forming.
Sunday morning
9am
Colonades car park next to the red rooster at the beach road side.
UHF Chanel 16
Beer after where ever we end up.

Attending list
Trav
MarkB
123Vandenberg
MikeGQ (possible)
ColClare (possible)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts