Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu iv
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what turbo are you running on your crd and why, in the market for a new turbo and would like peoples opinions on there turbo and why
Cheers

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,627 Posts
Very comprehensive write up here.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,045 Posts
Hey guys what turbo are you running on your crd and why, in the market for a new turbo and would like peoples opinions on there turbo and why
Cheers
What's wrong with your current turbo? If it's still working fine and you're on a budget I'd rather invest in a good remap. You'd have to get a remap anyway to get the max out of it if you fit a different turbo.

·
Registered
nissan gu iv
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think my seals are going, blowing black smoke, a fair bit taking off and when i put my foot down, getting a lot of oil up the intake pipe and in the intercooler, turbo works fine im just guessing seals maybe

·
Registered
68 Posts
UFI in Perth do a pretty good high flow option with proven results, not the cheapest option but nothing of good quality is ever cheap!! My stock one is running 21psi and good power tuned without a single issue at 245k

·
Registered
nissan gu iv
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive heard of ufi, i was looking into gturbo until i seen the price of one, both snails on the gtr nearly came to the amount of one gturbo lol, do you know much about eclipse turbos, i just looked on ebay the stock 2052v is dearer that the ct stage 1 but im a bit sceptical as the dont have garrett printed on them

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,667 Posts
Ive heard of ufi, i was looking into gturbo until i seen the price of one, both snails on the gtr nearly came to the amount of one gturbo lol, do you know much about eclipse turbos, i just looked on ebay the stock 2052v is dearer that the ct stage 1 but im a bit sceptical as the dont have garrett printed on them
Wouldn't touch a gturbo with a 40ft barge pole, or an eBay 'special', I've heard some good things about the UFI conversion and also Procharge, I have an Eclipse and love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts