Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Patrol ST-S GU IV Auto 4x4 MY05
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I strongly dislike the look of the stock bull bar on my MY05 S4 trol and I cannot currently afford a custom built one, so I have an idea to chop the 2 outer hoops off to make it look a little more modern, I just cannot for the life of me find any threads on here or even photos in general of it for my bull bar. Once I have cut the outer hoops off I plan to paint it black to blend in a little better with the plastic outskirts and colour match the middle hoop to my car. Colour aside I was wondering if anyone on here has seen, has done or even better has some photos of what it looks like chopped.

Thanks in advance, I just want a brief idea of what I am getting myself into before I start choppin it up. :)

Picture of my bull bar:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,783 Posts
There should be a compliance label on your bullbar that states that the bar must not be modified.

Any modification to the bar will invalidate it’s compliance. I’ve never heard of anyone being pulled up for a modified bullbar but you do run the insurance gauntlet which could bite you if you ever were in an accident.

ARB used to make a bar that didn’t have the side hoops. If you cut the ones off your genuine bar it’ll look very similar to the ARB one.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,204 Posts
I too have not heard of it but I suppose if you go into it knowing the possible risk Andrie speaks of you are fully aware.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
21,869 Posts
My ‘08 TJM bullbar has a sticker on it that makes it airbag compliant, any vehicle that has airbags needs this sticker, if any modifications are done that’ll make it noncompliant, instant unroadworthy and insurance voided.

Reactions: 75judgey

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,783 Posts
Ended up deciding to run the gauntlet and doing it anyways, so here it is for anyone who is interested. View attachment 547719
Are you putting the spotties back on? Looks a bit bare imo. If that’s the look you’re after you can almost go back to a stock plastic bumper, which is something I consider for my Patrol every now and again. :sneaky:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts