Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday guys after talking to sudso and doing a bit of research i am keen to check out the 4x4 track at Black ****atoo bush camp at naracoorte.The track looks pretty interesting and apparently theres 5k or something for anyone who can complete the whole course unassisted in a road registered vehicle.Soo im looking to get a group together in the early newyear and spend a weekend up there, prob go up early sat and back to adelaide late sun.I think it cost a small amount too use the property but if people are keen i could make some calls to the property owners to find out for sure.Some links below got pics and peoples experiences there.
Australian 4WD Action | Forum - View topic - narracoote black cockatoo bush camp 4x4 SA
Australian 4WD Action | Forum - View topic - (SA) Naracoorte - Black Cockatoo Camp Site
http://www.black****atoobushcamp.com.au/fourwheeldriving.html

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
It's $30 per day to use the course and $7.50 per night for an adult to camp. Has showers and toilets, and shed shelters at most campsites.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers sudso do you have to book mate of can ya just rock up, me and my bro (madgq) will definately be goin in the nxt moth or so.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
id be keen, im in melbourne from 8th - 16th of jan so if its not during that time i should be able to make it

·
8,549 Posts
cheers sudso do you have to book mate of can ya just rock up, me and my bro (madgq) will definately be goin in the nxt moth or so.
Just rock up. Acres and acres of camping grounds there. As long as your rig is registered and you have your drivers licence the track is yours.
The course should be a lot drier by now too.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet i am thinking of checking out some other places while down there, mayb take friday off work do peake then go further down to geranium and do the darado downs property tracks, then head down to black ****atoo.Just an idea theres is plenty of spots to check out while heading down that way.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure yet mate im out of a job atm, hopefully if i get his oil rig job il be starting mid feb. I dont have the time or funds to do any trips atm, so probably looking at going start of march.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i found out today i got the job start 30th jan so might be able to go earlier just gota my truck set up and get some new tyres.

·
Registered
Nissan
314 Posts
isn't the place flooded ATM ? with all the rain they've had in last few days?
if so, few mudholes there wil swamp your whole car!!

·
Registered
Nissan
314 Posts
oh!, and those 5 big ones have not been handed out yet... a set of muddies and a lift aint gonna do it! LOL! heared some wild stories about it, not been there yet but from hearsay i won't even attempt it! wil take a while for me to get over my roll over and not keen on doin it again...

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
should make for some fun i just drove back from melb through naracorte and it was very flooded :) was doin water crossings in the missus mazda 6 had to walk a few which were over a foot deep lol

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i hope to get out there in the nxt month or too but my list of mods is huge, i want slider lockers lift and i need new tyers cos i had to sell the 35's cos i havent had a job . But my new job on the oil rigs should be able to sort that out pretty quick :bananada:
il keep you guys posted.

·
8,549 Posts
isn't the place flooded ATM ? with all the rain they've had in last few days?
if so, few mudholes there wil swamp your whole car!!
X2 on that!
I'd ring them before going. Some of the tracks around the Upper south east are still impassable with a 4wd so Black****atoo tracks will be flooded out too. It's hard enough there when it's dry!
Congrats on the job too flexedup!

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers sudso ( did ya get that winch back together ?)
honestly il probably give my car a few months before its ready for black ****atoo tracks the more i hear about it the more extreme it sounds, plus with all the rain il let it dry up a bit dont want to end up like that blue hilux, might also wait until the border track is fully open again and make a big SE weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts