Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, bit of an odd one, but this one is a bit close to home

Mate had his car stolen last night, rather unique one at that.

R31 Skyline SVD GTS1 #052

Somewhat highly modified, quick and very unique. Was stolen from out the front of the Coopers Alehouse in Pulteney Street about 9pm
Its turbo, its loud, its stupidly quick, and its VERY unique in appearance. It also had stuff all fuel left so potentially could have been involved in a fuel drive off to get anywhere

The owner did see it driving away from the pub, and managed to get a few punches in on the thief at the next set of lights he got stopped at. It was seen late last night on Salisbury Highway (around 11pm). No other sightings

If ANYONE sees anything of this description (or parts potentially of this car) pop up anywhere in the next few weeks either contact police on 131 444 or get in contact with

myself: 0427 005 395 (my work number, i will ALWAYS answer)
gavin: 0466 690 620
or the owner, tyson: 0432 664 926

(i know it seems a bit late to be getting on here about it, but the first computer access ive had this weekend)

Its one of my "family" essentially, so would like to hear any information regarding the whereabouts of the car (or parts if they appear)

we're talking an RB30ET, big high mount turbo, external gate running a Microtech ECU (and around the 350rwkw mark), otherwise original interiored and exteriored car. 17" Buddy Club P1 wheels in White powdercoat, brake upgrades

If anyone knows the whereabouts, there will be NO questions asked how if you get in contact with any of us.

ALTERNATIVELY, IF IT IS SEEN, FEEL FREE TO PIT MANOUVRE THE CAR. THE OWNER WOULD MUCH RATHER RETRIEVE THE CAR DAMAGED THAN IT BE TORCHED OR CUT UP :(

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hate to say it but it's probably being parted up as we type. :(
Hope the thieving #$*!'s get caught and it was insured.

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was insured and had the factory immobiliser installed. they didnt get the keys as it was tys (the owner) that laid punches on him at the next set of lights

this car was built by another mate and has dipped into the 11s before

as hard as it is to think, i have a bad feeling it'll show up torched :( such a waste of an SVD if i ever knew of one

the more eyes the better though, so all eyes and ears open for RB30 turbo parts, especially a motor done with a black rocker cover and custom forward facing plenum

·
8,549 Posts
it was insured and had the factory immobiliser installed. they didnt get the keys as it was tys (the owner) that laid punches on him at the next set of lights
He saw it getting nicked and gave chase?

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
I saw this on facebook last night.

I'll keep an eye out for it, doubt I'll see it in my area, let alone catch it.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Ay Matty, One of my best mates from school's Dad owns the alehouse, I can get him to see if there is any camera footage from the night??

Unless you have already tried??

Forking sux, Ha What a guess it would go far south or far north (No offence to anyone on here intended) But Yeah!! Same happend to my mates VY ss Ute, Stolen from A pub in Unley then was torched way down south!! :(

Hope you hear some good news soon!

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I can actually appreciate a nice Silhoette they usually sound sweet too.

A dude a few weeks back reported a yellow GQ stolen and he made an event on facebook and invited a few thousand people via friends of friends, he got it back too. Worth a crack anyway. Not many nice R31's about.

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sudso: yeah, he saw it drive past the pub and the old adrenaline kicked in. did the 6 million dollar man run down Pulteney St after the car

simonc3: you never know where it might appear. even if you see it and are able to give the police an idea of direction its headed it'll help :) the more eyes out for the car the better

matty p: we havent tried for the video footage yet, but it happened around 9pm on saturday night. if you could see what you could come up with that would be great

bigbear: cheers for that, theres not many nice GTS examples kicking around, and not one this extensively re-done (and only within the last 2 years too :( )

He's appreciating the fact that other car enthusiasts are keeping an eye / ear out for him. if the thief is dumb enough to still be driving it, he's not going to expect a patrol to give a pit manouvre and run him off the road :p LOL

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Matty,

i havent heard of any news or anything from mates of any recent ram raids in adelaide over the last few nights, which is good, for your mates sake.

with such a rare and in good nick car, i highly doubt it was stolen for the porpose of crime.
who ever took it, knew what he was after and what he was doing.

hope it dont end up in bits, but then again i hope it doesnt end up in a different state with different plates.

when your mate had the altercation with him, did he hurt himself or scratch the offender?
i know everything happens so fast, and you dont have time to think, but if he scratched him or drew blood, should hav gone straight to the cop shop and seen if they could have taken dna swabs.

anyways, good luck on getting it back..
im up near the boarder to vic, so ill keep an eye and ear out, ill print off a photo and take it to the fuel stations.

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for that OSH

we think it'll be fair dumb if this car "reappears" in some other way shape or form, as the SVDs have a separate build plate to the factory plate, and an individual number too. however, every area is being covered on the net for potential parts (hence why im posting on here because RB30ET parts occasionally pop up). theres a few too many unique parts on this car to make it easy to move

all help is being appreciated :)

·
8,549 Posts
Get all your mates to post up 'wanted' ads of particular parts unique to his car. You never know.

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another pic to help identify the car

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
I gather "pit manouvering" the car also means "restrain the driver in the strongest possible means while ensuring self protection from attack"???? :p

Just in case it ends up over here of course........hope he gets it back mate!!!!!

·
On a mission
2013 Ranger
1,672 Posts
Hey Matt, read the article in todays paper.. Farkin piss poor effort from the coppers.. Hope some good comes outta all this..

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there might be good news afoot

someone knows something and they think they might know who has it..............got it on the grape vine through a close mate of tyson's

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Any news for us?

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
finally an update

bit of a copypaste, but its the end of a saga

car hadnt been seen for a while, got spotted about 6 weeks ago with different plates on it (S012-ALG) pulling out of Yatala prison. Report was made, nothing more heard

about 5 weeks ago there was a series of armed holdups and a high speed chase involving a white skyline. No confirmation was made by SAPOL to us, but a couple of fellow forum members saw the car mid chase and recognised it.

car ended up in police impound yard for 28 days after said chase. car got returned to its "owner" (of the rebirthed plates, not the actual car) last thursday. I just happened to see it (and followed for about 40 mins in a work truck), and made 2 significant police reports

car gets pulled over, for some reason they dont check ID plates properly and proceed to tell the owner (Tyson) that the car "isnt his" and that he was "100% wrong, not 100% right that it was his car". Frustration insues, more enquiries made. 1 officer they talked to on the Friday believes the story, sees enough collaborating evidence, and makes enquiries

Port Pirie police notified, manage to find the car within 5 hours and seize it

We headed up early yesterday morning to collect it and return it to its rightful home

2 months of agony to be exact. and yes i havent seen him this happy since it was unlawfully taken.

HUGE thanks to Matty T for the 3.30am trip to port pirie this morning (about 4 hours out of adelaide for the interstaters) to pick her up. I've been awake since 10am saturday, completely ****ed, sick as a dog but it was totally worth it to see the smile on my best mate's face when we drove into the impound lot.

Also everyone's support and reports leading up to the seizure of the car from the police. Every step of it bought us closer to recovering it.

She needs a bit of TLC but Tys is keen to keep her and bring back the former glory. A good result but an unfortunate delay from police action, there will be another article in The Advertiser in a day or two.

Most of it is still there, the entire stereo system was stripped out but not much else seems to be missing. also the starter motor is completely ****ed and it has to be push started but it still runs.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DID KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE CAR / MAY HAVE ASSISTED THE POLICE IN RECOVERING THE VEHICLE :)

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
your mate must be counting his lucky stars to get it back

·
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he was

it was getting to a point where it was worse than having it stolen and never seeing it again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts