Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I put a ST in my TB42e. It has a clutch booster as standard. At first there was a slight increase in pedal pressure required. Not heaps, but noticeable. Then I changed the clutch fluid. That made a big improvement to the pedal pressure. Now it's definitely lighter that before I changed the clutch.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The pedal wont be too much heavier, fitted heavy duty exedy clutches to a few 4wd's without clutch boosters such as hiluxes,100 and 75series landcruisers, and wasn't too bad, but saying that, I'm not a 'small' bloke with little girl legs either...
The only time the extra weight is noticeable is in low range when first taking off in 1st / 2nd, but its not really that heavy.I have a safari tuff in my Mav that i converted to manual, but it has a clutch booster.If you're really keen, you can get a booster from a wreckers,very easy to source, a one way valve from nissans and fit it all yourself, would only take an afternoon.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I run one without a booster in the Mav.
Yeah the clutch is a little heavy but it's not too bad, to be honest if you're sitting at the lights long enough for it to bother you then you should really be putting in in neutral.
I'm surprised they bother with the boosters actually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.