Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone in Perth is going to chase the Salmon this year ?? arent they due in about now ? I'm in the Rockingham area and am planning to hit Whitehills and Preston beach to see what i can land, anyone else care to share where they go to hook a good Salmon ?

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
mate, its not looking good this year. The water temps are wayy to high, heard reports of the leeuwin current running 30degrees!

they will most probabaly stay deep and away from the coast.Im sure some small schools might run through though.

alex

·
Registered
nissan partol GQ
915 Posts
Bugger, heading down to warren at the end of the month.
Last year had heaps of fun catching them around Meerup, SW of Northcliffe, was constant hookups one after another.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
There are truck loads starting to come in vic. Laser lures are getting most of them. Great sports fish but still havent found much use for them other than bait for YTK and mako.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
There are truck loads starting to come in vic. Laser lures are getting most of them. Great sports fish but still havent found much use for them other than bait for YTK and mako.
Occasional fish cakes or throw them back for next year, I really miss the Salmon fishing from years ago when I was down south, none up here in QLD except for thread fin further up north.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts