Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a coolant leak between the block and the timing gear sandwich plate. Behind and below the alternator. Can't see exactly where because the thermostat housing is in the way.
Seen some scary posts saying, as well as all the timing gears and chain having to come off, the sump also has to come off and ,to make matters worse, the gear box has to be slid back, to remove the sump.
Does anyone know of a video or plan for removing this sandwich plate from the front of a zd30ddti. Or, a really good high quality leak sealer for a cooling system. Thanks

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,326 Posts
How bad is the leak?

Couple of drops maybe after it has been sitting over night but not always_tell us the story?

Drop by the Intro section and say G'day.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
576 Posts
there is no good news coming your way unfortunatlly my friend. the end is in sight for your donk.
that is exactly how mine started, and finished in pieces on the floor and an empty vacuum in my bank account.......
don't bother talking to nissan, they will send you bankrupt and not fix it properly.
if possible, do not drive it. it might be salvagable. any more use will mix the oil and water and that is game over.
you need a good mechanic familiar with the much loved...ahem....zd30, but sadly, you're in for a test of your love for your patrol......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts