Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a heads up to everyone

a guy just put photos of my patrol on Facebook asking information about it. Found it its for sale on gumtree for 10k a scam. I know im not the first person it has happend to but information about it was taken from this forum. So a heads up to everyone be careful what you post on here

Cheers
Jamie

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
************ harvest photos from google,place ad and try and rip some poor scmuck off

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
scammers troll the net and pull pics/info off anywhere.
we had a camper van advertised in the local paper. 20k for a 100k camper it wasn't hard to spot.
pics and details are off a Australian site.
similar bs story, camper stored down south and is away overseas working.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
I see this heaps on eBay too. They search for sold items copy the add then set the price to 50% market value. Kunts.

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
This raises something else that pi$$es me off. People often write 'no scammers' in their adds on gumtree etc. WTF is the point of that? Just sounds like an challenge or invitation to me...sorry for hijack.

Reactions: Gasburner

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Well I got the phone number off the guy so going to call the number, but apparently he made up a story saying he is from sydney but in brissy atm working in the mines
So have you called the cops yet or are there some local members in sydney and or brissy that can go and visit him for a look at the car.

Get a photo of the asswipe and post it up. Share his phone number to junk mail advertising scammers who will bug the hell out of him.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
The cops won't do anything. Chances are as soon as you ask to see the car he will spin a story that someone is coming to look at it so if you want him to take it off the market then you need to put a few grand into his account. The best thing we can all do is get the kunta account number, look up the BSB to find which bank it is and send an email to their fraud teams. They'll shut down his account and hand the details over to the federal police.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
The cops won't do anything. Chances are as soon as you ask to see the car he will spin a story that someone is coming to look at it so if you want him to take it off the market then you need to put a few grand into his account. The best thing we can all do is get the kunta account number, look up the BSB to find which bank it is and send an email to their fraud teams. They'll shut down his account and hand the details over to the federal police.

Yes good point for him to have money deposited, he has to give out a BSB and account number.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
And when the bank gets his account details they can normally shutdown half a dozen other linked accounts that he using to move money around and maybe even catch the ***** on camera at an ATM machine.

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
its most likely not a person from this country gumtree is very common for this also when your trying to sell a car you will get a msg saying email me your lowest price and they are out of the country working so they give you money to ship the car aswell and usually reverse the charge and your out of pocket

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
I reckon Timo is onto something bloody good, it'd be great for making life a bit harder for the scambags.

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
I reckon Timo is onto something bloody good, it'd be great for making life a bit harder for the scambags.
I agree. I lost $5500 to a scam but got it back after a long four months.
As they say, if it sounds to good to be true! It probably is.
Scumbags they are.

It's funny now when I look back. All I wanted was to rip someone's throat out and get my money back.

·
Registered
nissan
120 Posts
Came across this a while ago with a Hilux when I was looking for a new truck. If it suspicious try googling the email address, there are a few forums set up to ID these jerks. You can also report them to some corruption branch of the federal government but nothing seems to come of it.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Came across this a while ago with a Hilux when I was looking for a new truck. If it suspicious try googling the email address, there are a few forums set up to ID these jerks. You can also report them to some corruption branch of the federal government but nothing seems to come of it.
I have a habit of googling numbers and email addresses whenever someone is interested in anything I'm trying to get over $100 for, handy way of saving some time!

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
No morals asswipes. I found a gu td42 with all the fruit for sale on carsales when i was looking. $18,000 what a bargain! I rang the bloke and got the bs overseas story so I said ill come look at it in Sydney and that was the end of it. They are looking for complete duck.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,183 Posts
I have done a lot of work on my GQ over the last few years, and I am not finished yet. Lots of work and a lot of coin. Much of what I know I have learned on this forum. I have read heaps of stuff and looked at lots of photos. It is bloody great.

But now I am in a position to do a write up of my project for everyone to see, as it will be finished soon. I would like to show the results of what I have learned on here, and the new ideas that I have come up with to pass on to others on this forum.

But I am not game enough to do it, as I think there is a risk and it is not worth it. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts