Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the capacity of the main fuel tank on a 2008 CRD 3.0lt, maintenance manual says 95 lt, can anyone confirm is this is correct so I can set up my scangauge.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
What is the capacity of the main fuel tank on a 2008 CRD 3.0lt, maintenance manual says 95 lt, can anyone confirm is this is correct so I can set up my scangauge.
Pretty sure same as DI, almost everything else is and DI is 95 with 32 sub.

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
I've got an 08 crd as well and I could have sworn it was 90l main tank and 30l sub tank?

Also on the same topic, how are people using their scan guage with 2 tanks? At the moment I've just set the tank size to 90l but what do you do if you add extra fuel into the sub or use fuel from the sub?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
I would have thought you would set scan gauge at total of both tanks 125litres regardless of which tank you are running off. ??

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
Yah but daily city driving from week to week I only use the main 90l tank. I don't use the sub tank - I usually keep some fuel in it to ensure that the pump has fuel to transfer when starting the car.

It's only when i go country or long trips that I use the sub tank too.

Doing that and chaining the gauge to 120l instead would put the fuel averages out?

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
The only reason the Scangauge wants to know your tankage or fuel qty is for the 'Tank' Parameters such as Fuel Remaining, Distance to Empty, Time to Empty etc

It doesn't use the tankage for working out consumption, averages, flows etc

So... personally I fill both the Sub and Main (Longranger) every time I fill so it doesn't matter to me as I also don't use the TANK options only GAUGE.

If you do use the TANK options then all you need to do is change your tankage to whatever fuel you now have on board EG if you fill the main only change the Tank Size to 95.
As you drive along the Scangauge will start deducting fuel used from 95 litres available and next time you fillup it will be fine. When you are about to go on a trip change the tankage back to Main plus Sub and fillup and it should be fine

If you have calibrated the Scangauge for fuel used in the initial set up the you don't need to fill every time thereafter but you do need to once in a while as the cross check of fuel used/fuel required/fuel actually added does need to be done from full tank to full tank but that can be Main only, Sub Only or Both

·
Registered
nissan patrol
53 Posts
I have set mine to 125L. If you have any fuel in the subtank the vehicle automatically runs the transfer pump for a short while each time you start the vehicle so if you've set it to 90L it's not going to be as accurate for things like fuel remaining, I'm not what the scangauge uses to calculate the fuel used but if the tank level is used then these readings would also be inacurate

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
I have set mine to 125L. If you have any fuel in the subtank the vehicle automatically runs the transfer pump for a short while each time you start the vehicle so if you've set it to 90L it's not going to be as accurate for things like fuel remaining, I'm not what the scangauge uses to calculate the fuel used but if the tank level is used then these readings would also be inacurate
The scan gauge calculates fuel used from the Injector open times from the ECU. The tankage capacity you enter is not used for that function.

Fuel remaining, distance to empty, time to empty etc is affected as that is determined by the fuel quantity you put in. I place little reliance on those figures anyway.

What I much prefer is to go "More", "Fillup" and see how many Litres total have been used. I then go "Home" and "Gauge" and not "Done" as that will reset the Litres Used

1 - 8 of 8 Posts