Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of a wake up call last night! Driving home with my mates in a hilux and the driver took the corner too quick. The car flipped on its side before hitting a curb and rolling 2 times. I have no idea how noone was seriously injured just alot of cuts, scrapes and bruises and one broken wrist. Alchohol wasnt a factor just misjudged the corner. It all happens so quick and it sobering just thinking how quick it can all be over! Stay safe peoples!

Attachments

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
:shock: :crazy:

Foo

Premium Member
nissan
By the look of things you are all very lucky to get out of it with minor injuries. I am surprised the vehicle was left until this morning to get moved. Usually there's a tow truck present annoyingly quick.

Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
Most toyota drivers cant drive, although hilux people usually arnt the worst offenders. Prado and Kluger folk all need slapping around with a crobar. Three times.

obi 1 patientnewby !
nissan
I am glad you are all ok, I would not get in a car driven by that guy again, that looks like a 2 wheel drive Hilux, so he must of gone into that corner very fast to tip it over.

Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
Glad to see you are ok.
No great loss though. It's only a rollux. :)

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
Happy to see you are safe and well, but what were you doing in that chaff cutter, It look's like a courtesy bus for a gay bar.;)

Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
They're called rollux's for a reason.

Seriously though, glad everyone is okay. I had a rollover a couple of years back myself. Scary stuff.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it was a company car which leaves the driver in more ****. Ive never been in a serious accident before and its amazing what adrenalin does to you! Somehow we managed to to lift the car up with 4 guys to free the driver because he couldn't climb out his window

Registered
nissan patrol
Whats he getting charged with?

He is bloody lucky its not a few counts of manslaughter

Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
I've written off 2 company cars. 1 tbone. 1 aquaplaning into the trees at 100.
Your mate is gona love the paper work. ;)

Premium Member
nissan
It's all good mate. Surely the boss knows Luxies are unbreakable. That's why he bought them.

Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
It's all good mate. Surely the boss knows Luxies are unbreakable. That's why he bought them.
If you look really closely, there's no damage to the Hilux, and it has actually broken the Earth around it.
:p

Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
... It look's like a courtesy bus for a gay bar.;)
Yeah it was a company car which leaves the driver in more ****.
I doubt that his boss would be very happy with him though
So your mate is a driver for the courtesy bus in a gay bar and his left footer boss will tell him off!

Tell the boss the hilux got scared by a big bad manly patrol coming the other way :)

Just kidding bud glad everyone's ok that's the main thing, insurance will replace the car. And by next year's xmas party he can laugh about it with the boss.

Registered
nissan/patrol
Yep. Happens pretty quickly. I've had two work cars written off. Cement pumping truck hit me from the rear at 80kmh, didn't know what happened till I woke up in the bushes. Other was a t bone at 100kmh, I was fine thanks to airbags. Other driver was taken away in an ambo. No paper work at all for me and I was out in a new car the next day both times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts