Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just fitted a scotts rods 3 inch exhaust to my 09 crd. It took 6 hours to remove the old one and fit the new one.. a few beers and dinner in between. It went in really easy but we needed to weld a bracket in near the auto transmission. We used the bracket off the old one.
As for the noise, at a constant cruising speed of 100km with overdrive on we cannot hear it at all, but put the boot in it and you can hear it roar.. at idle it has a nice note but is not too loud.
Power has increased greatly with no more turbo lag.. Its on from takeoff and pulls quite nicely up top too.

Overall im very happy with it, cant wait to get the egt gauge in and dial up the tdc chip.. Will let u know how i go with fuel economy, was getting around 13.8 to 14.2 ltrs per 100 km with standard pea shooter, stock tyres bullbar.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 2004
147 Posts
i got one myself and love it. only problem i had was got the guys at scotts to fit it and 2 weeks later it fell off at the dump pipe in the high country, covered in mud, in the rain, miles from anywhere, no spare bolts, lucky i found some wire in the scrub which got me to mt hotham where i found a bloke doing maintanence on some buses and he gave me some bolts!

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats no good Maddog, its funny how things let go when your at your most vulnerable.. Like doing a powersteering hose whilst stuck down a track in the otways in my old gq.
How do the dobinson shocks feel ? im looking at a 3 inch lift and are steering towards koni 82 shocks with king springs atm.

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
farmerbeen,
im no expert by any means but id say anything bigger than 3 inches should only be put on prime movers with 650 hp

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 2004
147 Posts
thats no good Maddog, its funny how things let go when your at your most vulnerable.. Like doing a powersteering hose whilst stuck down a track in the otways in my old gq.
How do the dobinson shocks feel ? im looking at a 3 inch lift and are steering towards koni 82 shocks with king springs atm.
yep they are not bad but i do get anoying knock going over speed bumps, not sure where this is from.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Overall im very happy with it, cant wait to get the egt gauge in and dial up the tdc chip.. Will let u know how i go with fuel economy, was getting around 13.8 to 14.2 ltrs per 100 km with standard pea shooter, stock tyres bullbar.
If you are using a TDC Powerbox plus anything over 6 you will not get any economy. Set it to 8 and go for a run. Exhaust sounds really good then. Leave it at 6 if you want some fuel economy.

yep they are not bad but i do get annoying knock going over speed bumps, not sure where this is from
Does not sound like they locktighted the bolts/nuts. Check the bolts are not loose at the flexible joint. (straight section that meets the muffler section). Also rubber mounting that holds tail pipe section). The nuts they supply does not seen to bite into the metal surface of the pipe that well and come loose.

I locktighted all mine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 2004
147 Posts
If you are using a TDC Powerbox plus anything over 6 you will not get any economy. Set it to 8 and go for a run. Exhaust sounds really good then. Leave it at 6 if you want some fuel economy.

Does not sound like they locktighted the bolts/nuts. Check the bolts are not loose at the flexible joint. (straight section that meets the muffler section). Also rubber mounting that holds tail pipe section). The nuts they supply does not seen to bite into the metal surface of the pipe that well and come loose.

I locktighted all mine.
i ended up putting double nuts on the bolts and it hasn't been a problen since, i put it down to being brand new and constantly getting hot then dumped into cold river crossings that ended up loosening the nuts

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
maddog
i ended up putting double nuts on the bolts and it hasn't been a problen since, i put it down to being brand new and constantly getting hot then dumped into cold river crossings that ended up loosening the nuts
That will work as well.
On another note, how do you find the MTZ's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts