Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does an sd33 Turbo Engine number start with the number sd33T--------- or does it go sd33-------T.I know it sounds like a stupid question but I am looking at buying one and they say it is a turbo but eng number on reg label may say different.Thanks Brett.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Mine's a factory turbo number starts with SD330.

·
White & Whistlin sd33T
nissan
388 Posts
If it's Factory Turbo the engine number will start SD33 and end with T eg; SD33023874T

If it was NA it won't have the T at the end.

But it may well have an aftermarket Turbo.

There are a few differences noticeable from factory turbo as opposed to after market. The easiest is that the Factory turbo engines had their own rocker cover which has the words Nissan Turbo on it. It's a totally different looking Cover to the NA

If its an after market turbo see if you can find out if the engine was modified to take the turbo ( Rings Bearings etc) Also had a much heavier duty clutch

Ric

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Has yours got the Factory Turbo Rocker cover?
Yes has turbo rocker cover also says turbo diesel on compliance plate on drivers side guard.
Took the engine number off the rego papers haven't checked the lock so T may have been lost.

·
Registered
nissan gq
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SD33 engine number

Thanks for all replies.The problem was I had not been able to see vehicle.They sent me every pic but the one of engine bay.They got back to me this morning with pic and eng number.It is a factory turbo_Once again thanks for all replies.Brett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts