Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Forum
62 Posts
Any Mercedes Benz 300SD turbodiesel 1980-1985 will be a great alternative. Much more efficient than the the HT18 for an SD33T. All you need to do is pinch the actuator to yield higher boost. But it’s a great match fir the engine size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, it’s an early AirResearch /Garret T3 with AR .48.
This is my SD33T build with the Mercedes turbo. Spools early and does 10-12psi boost which is about where we like to stay.

Hey Mate, sounds great! Could I get some more info on that turbo? And at what RPM does the turbo hit max boost?

I'm looking for a replacement for the HT15B, I can't get another one where I am. So I was looking into HE211W holset turbos and HX25

But if the turbo you have spools up at a nice low RPM I might look into them.

Cheers mate, thank you.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Forum
62 Posts
I can’t say what the max boost is, I have mine set to around 12psi. I’ve never taken it higher. Playing it safe, but it should do 18psi easy. Not recommended but a simple boost regulator will do it.

If you buy a used turbo simply freshen up the seals with a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can’t say what the max boost is, I have mine set to around 12psi. I’ve never taken it higher. Playing it safe, but it should do 18psi easy. Not recommended but a simple boost regulator will do it.

If you buy a used turbo simply freshen up the seals with a rebuild kit.

Sorry I meant to ask what RPM the engine is at when you hit your set max boost (12psi) and could you tell me the details of your turbo? Please and thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.