Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know who makes aftermarket exhaust manifold for sd33t?

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone got one for sale.the 2 used ones I have seen are as bad as mlne. Nissan has the front ($600)but they are having trouble finding the rear splt

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
nah there a 2 piece mainfold, The back part slips into the front.
you can see here

Whats worng with the mainfold????? I just got mine machined 70 bucks, now as straight as a die

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
Ive just installed a aftermarket kit on my Mk in place of the original gear so yes aftermarket gear is around, but I dont know the brand of kit. I've got 2 standard turbo manifolds one has still got the exhaust housing of my old turbo attached (long story) and the other owes me cash for having studs removed.
Where are you?

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im in sydney/central coast its porous they have machined 5mm so far and its still stuffed (not charging me for the work nice fellas)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Ive just installed a aftermarket kit on my Mk in place of the original gear so yes aftermarket gear is around
not that i have seen, unless youre talking about this: http://nerok.info/engine/sd33/aftermarket_turbo_system
but that isnt a replacement/upgrade, it was an aftermarket turbo system made before nissan released a turbo. doubt you could buy it new, but you could have it made, although ive been told the type of turbo isnt really made anymore.

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
No it is not the same as per the wiki it is a true replacement using a turbo manifold rather than the non turbo headers, the turbo is a water-cooled external gated Garret, the waste gate is part of the manifold leaving a nice sweeping 90 degree mandrel dump pipe.
This kit was for a N.A sd33 as it came with cast alloy piping to connect up to N.A intake.
I bought it off eBay from a guy in S.A for $150 I've only got to do water lines now and exhaust.
There is no identifiable name on any parts at all except the obvious Garret on the turbo. I'll get some more pics after it's all done.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
interesting, havent seen it before.

you sure its for sd33 and its not been wrongly advertised and actually for td42 or something? im sure you would of sussed that already lol.

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
Well it's bolted up on my Sd now so yep pretty sure it's what's stated, I get to run about 10km through hilly suburbs to the exhaust shop with only the pipe showing, should be interesting at 4 am.

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
If anyone is after a SD33 turbo exhaust and inlet manifold let me know, I have a mate with a spare set for sale

1 - 16 of 16 Posts