Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
71 Posts
That's awesome!

I wonder if they (sd33t) are still being manufactured? Were they always made in Spain? Thought they'd be Japanese.....

Do you have a link by any chance?
The Spanish made ones were from when the 260 patrol was being made, only sold in Spain. From what I’ve read it was like a weird second child of the 160 but also shared some similarities with the GQ, for example later 260’s changed over to the GQ’s engine line-up when they ran out of old stock of 160 engines to use, or something like that. I think for a while they still made 160 engines for the 260 but eventually they just decided to run out of what they had and use Y60 engines.

Also what is it with Nissan and the number 60? There’s the:
G60
G61
G160
G260
Y60
Y61
Y62
So many 60’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Forum
45 Posts
That's awesome!

I wonder if they (sd33t) are still being manufactured? Were they always made in Spain? Thought they'd be Japanese.....

Do you have a link by any chance?
The way I understand it is the Nissan Patrol was assembled in Madrid but the engines where Japanese they shut that plant down in the early 90s and those leftover engines were liquidated and I ended up with one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
71 Posts
The way I understand it is the Nissan Patrol was assembled in Madrid but the engines where Japanese they shut that plant down in the early 90s and those leftover engines were liquidated and I ended up with one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow Mike, I wish mine looked that clean, crate engines are always cool to look at. Maybe in a few months I'll have mine back out of the car to do some maintenance/rebuilding of certain parts and I'll clean it up and give it a birthday with some paint, make it look like yours! Not sure whether to go with a colour similar to the standard turquoise or something else like a 6bt or chevy flame orange ;).
Eventually I'll probably try to clean up the engine bay like the muscle car guys do, make it look really clean, because I love the look of them like this:
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hardly any visible wiring, all tidy and nice.
Only problem with that is looking for problems when they occur... and trying to keep it clean haha.

Ahh well, that's for later, for now I've got to get it running right...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts