Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an mk patrol with an sd33t. motor has done 465000k runs front mount cooler, 2.5 straight through exhaust, 14psi. boost doesn't really wind up until about 2500rpm and i change at no more than 3000rpm due to engine age and i dont think there is much point reving it any harder. i want a smaller turbo so the boost is on at 2000rpm and running out by 3000. can anyone point me in the right direction

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
if you had of looked a few threads lower, simonc3 is upgrading his turbo and im pretty sure the size he chose will spool earlier than stock. Also, landy has upgraded his to a similar size in the past, and has results. you can find links to those threads here: http://nerok.info/engine/sd33/upgrading_turbo

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,295 Posts
14 psi is prob a bit much for a standard sd33 turbo, and the front mount cooler. How much cooler piping is there????? Lots of pipe and theres lots of lag, so it seems like it takes ages to get boost. Thats half your problem i would think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks nerok. coils there is plenty of piping. it runs from the turbo over the motor around the radiator. then back along side that pipe into the motor. The air enters the intercooler and comes back out the same side.i took the pipe off to test how much lag there was and only changed about 200 rpm. not much considering the piping. it's 2.5inch piping to. maybe a touch big

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I drove stock sd33t with over 470k on the clock and it was like a rocket after cleaning primary fuel filter in banjo bolt, no fear of reving it to 4000rpm.

My SWB with 0,7-0,8 bar boost with no IC goes hard from around 1600-1800 to almost 4000 rpm, with full boost from 1600-1800rpm. And fueling is almost stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts