Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,278 Posts
you asked if Azotek is in Vic, I'm assuming you mean Victoria, Australia , if you check his location top right of his post, He is from Poland.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
It's almost winter here, and you probably have summer now in Australia, so it's very far away.
:p

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Exactly. So you should migrate over here for our summer, and maybe design a custom SD33T fuel pump while you're at it.. :D

Reactions: landy

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I have spare pump, but it's dirty and messy(black diesel oil - have to wash it), some day i will try to strip it, maybe in spring time, when it will be warmer. My friend has spare tired engine, so maybe we will sacrifice it in the name of science and and fit it with some holset turbo and pump with bigger plungers.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Friend sent me his old pump(there was unknown problem with it) for scientific experiment - i will strip it when it comes to see what can be fitted there.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I've disassembled the pump - half day work when doing it first time.
Looks like bosch type A "left" plungers are needed.
Should be easy to find, because almost all are "left" type.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Excellent.
Perhaps you too can get a TURBO to test with. The big one flows more than 500cfm at 17psi ;)

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
For 300 hp it needs almost 700 cfm.

edit:
and you can gain some more rack travel if you modify stop lever and torque cam, but that cen be smoky.
:)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
For 300 hp it needs almost 700 cfm.

edit:
and you can gain some more rack travel if you modify stop lever and torque cam, but that cen be smoky.
Should make a sweet 250hp though with 550cfm.
Modifying the torque cam is the next step I think. The softer compensator springs really enduce the smoke ;)

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
With longer stroke boost compensator it can be set to almost no smoke, and still have the power.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
With longer stroke boost compensator it can be set to almost no smoke, and still have the power.
I am set up like this with the ute. My compensator is backed alllllllll the way out and there is thermostat spring in there as you suggested.

We used an even softer spring in Stewballs shorty and that thing pukes smoke like a yankee truck if you want it to.

I've still got the power too, revs smooth all the way to 4400.

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
I'd be interested in one of those for my MK Shorty :) I have got a spare complete SD33T that I want to put in but I am missing everything to do with the turbo :/ Haha So would this kit cover everything I needed to get it running?
Forgive me on my lack of knowledge but I have really only just started getting stuck into cars and mainly 4x4's since I started my new job as a mechanic at a 4WD workshop :D
I also might not be able to afford it for a while, even though I work full time being 15 doesn't really grant good pay Haha. Maybe Santa will be nice this year

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,278 Posts
What do you mean every thing to do with the turbo????

are you just missing the turbo and oil lines Or are you missing manifolds as well???

This turbo upgrade is for a turbo, dump pipe , and oil lines that's all.

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
As far as I know the previous owner before who I bought it from removed the turbo completely before selling so it is just the SD33t engine through to gearbox, that is all I know as I haven't had a chance to get out and have a look at it

121 - 140 of 172 Posts