Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
What you mean by double action or linear?
SD33T pump had variable speed(all speed) governor - lever determines engine speed.

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
great work with this turbos landy..I would ask if is superior this kinugawa turbo than the normal mitsubishi td04 turbo-i have one from iveco daily?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
The Iveco runs a smaller compressor wheel and it is cast.
These run larger billet compressors.

Here is a video of my ute pulling a 10% grade for 2.5 minutes in 5th gear from 1700rpm with the larger turbro.
SD33T with custom TURBRO pulling 10% grade - YouTube

Kits will be ready in the new year, pricing is approximately $1600 + post.

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Sooooo.. where we at with this? Im deciding on a new FMIC install on the SWB so kinda keen to do all at once :D

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Kits are complete and ready to go.
I have sold all of the 6 I originally ordered.

Total price is $1660 including GST.

Taking orders now. Need minimum of 5 to get going.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
11 Posts
Hi landy. I have read this thread with great interest, I don't want to hyjack your thread but do have a few questions.
I am doing similar things to my patrol but I am building a manifold from scratch as mine is cracked beyond repair. Just wanted to know what flange the turbo is bolted to? T25? And if so do you know what I could get a turbo from? I guess I would need a tdo4 with a t25 turbine inlet flange

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Whats the final price including delivery landy?

Very interested but just in the process of buying a house so wont have the funds for a couple of months.

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Hope you have sharpened up on the soot levels since last weekend ?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Hope you have sharpened up on the soot levels since last weekend ?
Factory turbo with a compressor wheel soooo dusted coupled with the standard intake pipework and airbox....

I knew it was you guys, so I was standing on it at 1200rpm in 5th.

Now it's getting colder, 20psi at 1750rpm, little puff of soot is all...
No need to rev past 2k - just load it up, boost comes on and away she goes. Need's 6th gear!

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Good price considering your including a dump pipe and other extras. Would be easier to bolt on a new turbo with dump than try and get the old dump un-seized and bash up a new one. If you still have a kit in a couple of months I'm keen, how do you think it would go with the standard pre-filter?

I'm only running the stock pre-filter + Unifilter sock since I have no room for anything else with a dual battery set-up in a shorty, rear is already fitted with drawers and a water tank so can't relocate the second battery back there....Could run a cyclonic/top spin + uni sock inside snorkel, but worried that's not enough filtration vs a larger filtration area of the stock pre-filter box even though the CFM is poor. I prefer reliability over performance as it's a daily driver.

Definately no chance of fitting a donaldson or the like under the bonnet with a dual battery set-up it seems.

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
Factory turbo with a compressor wheel soooo dusted coupled with the standard intake pipework and airbox....

I knew it was you guys, so I was standing on it at 1200rpm in 5th.

Now it's getting colder, 20psi at 1750rpm, little puff of soot is all...
No need to rev past 2k - just load it up, boost comes on and away she goes. Need's 6th gear!
U Rollin Coal bro?

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,843 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Fark, this weekend im fast tracking all the important things needing doing to the shorty and then after shes registered in NSW, ill be ordering one Cody. Working away atm so progress has slowed greatly.

·
Registered
Nissan
4 Posts
Hey just wondering how all the turbros are going? I've bought the same turbo for my 2.8 and I'm hoping to get some better drivability.

·
Registered
nissan patrol, 87mk
69 Posts
Been a long time since i posted anything on this forum, but i too am wondering what the situation with the turbros kits is for the dirty 33. I finally have another sd33t powered mq.....a dual cab chop no less.....i would like to make it into something special if i can.... esp to wipe the look off some mates faces who only speak td42 td42 td42......also cause the troll is a trip/work rig and ill be using it to tow a tractor about the place sometimes.......
cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol, 87mk
69 Posts
??
not doing the upgraded turbo kits anymore?

141 - 160 of 171 Posts