Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,262 Posts
if you guys want one of these kits, i'm sure i can get the ball rolling, but .....
A. there's a good chance the price has increased due to the dollar
B. there will need to be a deposit paid
C. there will need to be a number of people interested to keep the price down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok missed the first run,would really like to get my hands on one of the kits as I am about to do a major tear down of the old girl. This would be a simple upgrade instead of trying to rebuild a sick HT15 and 3" dump will make me get off my arse and put 3"exhaust right through.
So
A. expected as long as it is not prohibitive ie x3 the cost.
B. who wants the deposit (I have cash burning a hole in my pocket but with Xmas looming)
C. what sort of numbers?
D. anyone running one want to sing its praises this has been a bit quiet lately
E. What sort of time frame would you be looking at? (time period for those to put down a deposit to make the numbers to get this going)

Thanks Sean

·
Registered
nissan patrol, 87mk
69 Posts
Coils, im pretty much in the same boat as above.

Have cash atm, so deposit is not an issue as long as the overal price increase isnt through the roof.

I have a spare sd33t with 260k km on it but the ht15 turbo housing has a couple of snapped and stuffed studs in it with snapped off drill bits in those. So the turbo itself may as well be stuffed since you cant put an exhaust on it.

The motor in the dual cab ute has nearly 550k km on it, but she has got hideous blowby (100ml per 100km basically) and a very sick ht15 thats starting to make expensive noises.

I have another ute with an NA sd33 in it too which could use a turbo, so even if i make up one good ht15 from the two i have already, Im still going to be up for one turbo regardless.....and i would rather a kit made specifically for the sd thats a bolt on afair or near enough too it :)

a decent kit gives me an excuse to fit the front mount intercooler while im at it too....

Items C, D, and E are the burning questions for me atm.

Cheers
kev

·
nissan
7,262 Posts
Ok due to the dollar , now when these kits where being made up the dollar was above the is US so the cost has risen significantly , a kit might cost around 2500 from a quick discussion , no numbers or time frame currently , all the turbos I know of are still gonna great guns and with no issues, I don't have one myself , in fact I'm kicking myself for not getting one, but saving for a house was a little ore important. But I have driven one and hell yes they go very well , you almost think it's a different motor.

Sent from Alf Stewart's rape dungeon .

·
Registered
nissan patrol, 87mk
69 Posts
$2500 is at the upper limit of what i can stretch too...... but if thats the price then so be it.

Im still in:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think $2500 would be the sweet spot considering. I was quoted that to rebuild my HT15 if it wasn't too far gone a while ago.Would love to see this go ahead but know what is like trying to run a group buy.

C. How many units to get it going?
E. How long to try to get the numbers?

Be nice to see a breakdown of what's going to be in the kit.
It would need to be a direct bolt up kit to a standard SD33T using standard inlet manifold .
Just my thoughts.
Sean

·
nissan
7,262 Posts
Every thing that comes with it is at the start of the thread I believe. Would need more then 2 people I think, And I have been advised that it is cash up front due to a couple of people not paying up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
TD04 of some sort. Kinguawa is the brand i think. Searching through this group youll find it or get closer

161 - 170 of 170 Posts