Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just Fitted A Factory Subaru W2A Intercooler to my spare SD33T, prior to rebuild.
Here is a pic if anybody is interested. Happy to tell what i have learned so far.

Attachments

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
Looks at home there, I believe Landy has previously used a Suby W2A cooler.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Awesome setup. Looks neat

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
Get a 3" dump pipe made up. The standard unit (the cast elbow Rusty referred to) is very restrictive.

·
Registered
Nissan
171 Posts
Shorty ...just do some searching on 3 in dump for sd33t .

There isnt anything made specifically for it ..so you have to fab one up ( in your case , your 33t is just sitting there all out in the open ) it would be an absolute snap to do .

You can find the ht18 flange on ebay etc ....+ a couple of 3inch mandrel bends and some time .

It;s not hard to do ..and that little ht15 turbo is a gem !! If and when you do do it ....remove the cast flange from the rear face of the turbo ...and cut the existing studs to the lengths you need and die them to the thread you choose .

Just a suggestion ..it;s way easier ( imho ) than to remove them .

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3" Dump Pipe

Thanks Rusty. It does seem to be a highly recomended mod.

I have searched the site for hours looking for pics to get a better idea of how to do it, but to no avail. There seems to be some that use a HT18 dump pipe off a TD42, some that make a bespoke item from mandrel bends and some that use after market items.

Which is the best way, keeping starter motor clearance in mind. Anyone with photo's would be appreciated, to help me get my head around it.

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Ill try grab a photo of the one i just did on mine mate

·
Registered
Nissan
171 Posts
Just use the ht18 flange and fab what you need .....no real gain useing the ht18 cast or fabbed dump as you willl have to mod it way past the worth of it anyhow .

I dont have the ht15 still on or i would take some pix for you .

Coils post above , Landy and Boo have some good info about it ....really the best way is make it as you need it ..it;s not hard . You manly need to make up your mind as to how you make you bends ..pie cut or prebend and weld and shape as you go .

I dont know how handy you are or what you have at your disposal ...equipment / material wise .

I cleared my frame / chassis by 10mm and the starter by 5 mm and never had a problem . So you can get close ( i did heat wrap it ) .

Take your time and enjoy it ...i can tell you that little ht15 comes alive . Well worth the effort .

Plus with your intercooler set up you can raise the boost and fuel up ....you wont know that little sd33 .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts