Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday does anyone in brisbane have a sd33t complete motor they want to sell as my injector pump has [email protected] its self and its probably not worth the dollars to rebuild it so looking for a complete motor or just the injector pump

·
Registered
nissan
1,385 Posts
Deffo not worth the rebuild, bloke I bought my shorty off paid a bit over 2 grand getting his one rebuilt, only reason he went through with it is because the motor he's got had $4,500 reco work done on it just before he bought it.

·
Registered
nissan
135 Posts
bring a car float down nsw an ill sell u a compleate rollin chassie inc, sd33t with 150xxxks, gear box, transfer, compleate diffs with 2'' lifted efs springs, basicly compleate car minus the body, 1500 very firm

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Whats exactly wrong with the IP
Mite be a shot,get it looked at ,could cost bugger all or could cost heaps
Finding a good running complete SD33T are near a tall order nowadays
Those that have them ,and have these patrols wont part with them

Just a thought maybe look for an SD33 n/a and put all your turbo gear on it
Few on here have done this

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a thought maybe look for an SD33 n/a and put all your turbo gear on it
Few on here have done this[/QUOTE]

i just sold my n/a mq lwb found a runner going to look at it tomorrow but if all else fails i will buy a nother n/a. im pulling the ip off tomorrow to take it to get looked at on monday see what happens

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found one installed it this weekend got it cheeeeep 500 from a wrecker minus alt and starter

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yer its cheap BUT after i rand them after they deliverd it with a hole in the sump fron sitting in the back of a ute and the lift pump didnt work lucky i have a spare original price was 880

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did but only for a couple of minutes just want to make sure it started and there was no death nocks but forgot to check the radiator:(

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,305 Posts
I bought a $500 motor once, it worked for a year:eyepoke: but at the end of the day, a 25+ year old engine is always going to have problems with it, injectors, pump, turbo, gaskets, front or rear seal, cylinder sleeves, all of the above or at least one of these problems, is near enough guaranteed :headwall:

I think, these days, you'd be lucky to pick up a pearler of an engine, for less than a grand.. From the wreckers it'd be $2000+

Everyone gets a bargain from time to time, but generally, you'd be looking at $4000+ to get the engine rebuilt... So it's not hard to understand why a $500 engine, in my case, didn't last more than a year, but it was long enough to find something to replace that with, which worked well in my case :cool:

SO... Options I hear you thinking :)

Well that would all depend on the condition of the current motor, does it blow smoke? Drip oil everywhere? other funny noices?

A head gasket isn't too big a deal to change... A weekend's work or so ;-)

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a $500 motor once, it worked for a year:eyepoke: but at the end of the day, a 25+ year old engine is always going to have problems with it, injectors, pump, turbo, gaskets, front or rear seal, cylinder sleeves, all of the above or at least one of these problems, is near enough guaranteed :headwall:

I think, these days, you'd be lucky to pick up a pearler of an engine, for less than a grand.. From the wreckers it'd be $2000+

Everyone gets a bargain from time to time, but generally, you'd be looking at $4000+ to get the engine rebuilt... So it's not hard to understand why a $500 engine, in my case, didn't last more than a year, but it was long enough to find something to replace that with, which worked well in my case :cool:

SO... Options I hear you thinking :)

Well that would all depend on the condition of the current motor, does it blow smoke? Drip oil everywhere? other funny noices?

A head gasket isn't too big a deal to change... A weekend's work or so ;-)
no oil leaks blows a bit of the old black smoke only a lil bit of white on cold start but apart from that its a 300k old motor so i think ill do the head gasket and fingers crossed

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,305 Posts
that sounds good :) You might be able to get the head reconditioned while it's off too, I got quoted $400 plus parts for a complete head rebuild :)

Cheers
Martin

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Black smoke,ah bugger all
Excess fuel,do the head gasket run it for a while and then adjust the fuel
Black smoke thats not bad
IF it was puffin blue smoke,thats rings

1 - 15 of 15 Posts