Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several engines use different water pumps on cold and hot areas - maybe someone knows - is there something like that (some measure differences or...) for SD33T ?

Radiator is located into back of truck and seems pump is little bit weak for that

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Hi

The guys who know SD33T stuff will be along shortly, but would an electric waterpump be an option?

·
Registered
Nissan
234 Posts
thats what I was thinking. blank off exsisting water pump qnd run an electric pump. surely theres some info somewhere plenty of people run radiators at the rear on comp trucks.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I have a Davies Craig EWP80 that is going onto a motorcycle but it is powerful enough to cool a 5 litre V8... the big brother model EWP110 is available if even more cooling is required.

·
Registered
Nissan
13 Posts
The pully size will determine how fast it will spin but to get another pully made up would cost the same amount as a new Davis Craig pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Try searching what comp guys use on TD42's with rear mounted radiators - from memory the cooling system capacity is fairly similar between that and the SD33T.

As far as I know the standard water pump is the same for all regions, but the thermostats do vary. Someone else may be able to confirm or correct this.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
I have I think the only option would be a electric pump, I have never heard of different rated water pumps for a sd33t . I personally would continue to run a thermostat as I like to keep the temp in the operating range, but you could give it a go with out and just have your thermo fans turning on and off at temperature . Not perfect scenario as temps will still fluctuate a far bit I would imagine.

Sent using carrier pigeon from Bill Lawrie

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Where you have fited the radiator-upper than motor or lower?
Maybe you have air in the tubing-I made a hole and a screw on the termostat housing to take out air..

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Thermostat is needed in this cooling system - without it you will only have a partial circulation - if you don't want thermostat fitted, you need to blank the small hole which is covered when thermostat is in open position. I know that in Poland some guys use electric circulation pump from some sort of bus/coach to solve coolant circulation problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts