Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving me crazy! Hope someone here has more of a clue than the UAE Nissan parts yobos!

1988 Patrol, TB42, auto gears, carb, if it helps - the brake load-sensing mechanism is leaking. All taken apart and hunky-dory, O-rings replaced fine, all good, except for the last seal.

Apparently this is a magical piece of rubber that does not exist in this universe space/time continuum. I need to buy the whole load-sensing piece, for almost AUD 200, and which they don't have in stock anyways, but they can "try and help" if I'm nice to them. Well, I was not nice to them.

Please see the pic, and if you know where I can get the round seal shown below, or if you have an extra one and can mail it to me, I'd be very grateful. I can pay by PayPal.

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
Very very few people in Australia reseal them so parts will be minimal at best. Probably just better of joing the two hoses together and doing away with it. Won't make the greatest of differences anyway.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
ABS brake service in Kawana queensland repaired one for me once. Re sleeved and new seals.
A new Genuine complete cyl was quite expensive at the time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very very few people in Australia reseal them so parts will be minimal at best. Probably just better of joing the two hoses together and doing away with it. Won't make the greatest of differences anyway.
Thanks. I'd favour that for sure. It seemed to me not that easy to remove the load-sensing mechanism and join the two hoses together. How would I join them? And isn't there a return pipe as well?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I would have thought that you could take that seal into your local bearings and seals shop and get a match. Do you have a CBC Bearings equivalent in the UAE?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Another one of those tiny bits of rubber that's unavailable and causes a full replacement part..
The other similar one I came across was the end stopper on the water drain bung on a diesel fuel filter.
Similar shape to that one two. Kinda like a doughnut that fits on the end of a tube.
I just jammed a piece of rubber from a door Matt in there but that won't help you, sorry.
I had a leaky brake proportion valve and seemed the only option was a second hand one.
Got one from patrol apart in Melbourne

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, all fixed. Removed the load sensing mechanism. Cheers all.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Can you tell me how the brakes perform now that you have done that? Is there a noticeable difference when the car is unladen?

·
Registered
227 Posts
here in the philippines. we replace the oem brake valve with one from a kia van. cost less than $55 usda. bolts striaght on with no conversions:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts