Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have tried numerous search strings on here but can not find any link to a post about the fuel capacity of the 08 3.0lt CRD wagon. I just filled both tanks up completely. Sub was dead empty(well the guage said so) and I put 35lt in it. The main took about 70lt and was about 1/4 full when filled up.What are the tank capacities straight from the factory.

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
90 main 30 sub apparently according to my workshop manual I threw out months ago. Although I fit 35 in my sub too

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
95 main and 30 sub, totaling 125L, if you fitted 35 in I'd be questioning the pump accuracy, if you go all the way to the filler neck you may fit 32-33. 32 is the most that has ever gone into mine. Was it a mainstream servo.

Those numbers were right through the range except for the Petrols which had a 36 sub, 4.8 might be more again. Not sure if there was some odd thing with the Utes though.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Caltex both Dapto and Shellharbour. Those bloody rip off commies! Honey pass me my alien gun!

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Caltex both Dapto and Shellharbour. Those bloody rip off commies! Honey pass me my alien gun!
It does make you wonder.

My manual says 90 and 30L. I'm not sure exactly with my main as I have never emptied it completely. Sub is a different story. It gets emptied into the main before every fill up and appears to be very close to 30L. I use it as my measuring stick for pump accuracy. I generally fill up at my local Caltex which has 8 rows of pumps all with diesel.

When I fill my Sub I fill it to the same height every time ( when I can just visually see it. ). What annoys me is I consistently get different amounts in the Sub from different pumps ranging from 28L - 33L If I am putting in an extra 3L according to the pump in every 30L, that means on a completely empty fill up I am paying for an extra 12L. Which is close to $20. When I questioned the manager about this phenomenon I had observed over a 6 month period, he told me I must be wrong as they get tested at the correct intervals. Haven't made that much of a deal about it again for a while as I now just use the same pump which consistently says it puts 28 L into my Sub. This saves me getting charged for an extra 20L ( $32 ) compared to the worse pump which consistently reads 33L. And I'm hoping it costs them but I suppose the other pumps subsidize the couple of pumps that read under by $100000s.

I get annoyed about this every time I fill up and see anyone let alone all the travelers doing big fill ups ( jerry cans and all ) on other pumps, and how they must be getting ripped. Is there someone you can call. But before I do, would my measuring stick be accepted. Surely if nothing else it shows a large discrepancy in their pump accuracy.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Well...this is a concern.I always took it as the norm. I figured it must fill the line or something as I do the same...sub is bone dry cactus every pay day as I transfer it to the main on the way to the servo. I will pay more attention now and record it down I'm my diary.

There's a poll idea right there. A sub tank survey poll on averages over say a month.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
Well...this is a concern.I always took it as the norm. I figured it must fill the line or something as I do the same...sub is bone dry cactus every pay day as I transfer it to the main on the way to the servo. I will pay more attention now and record it down I'm my diary.

There's a poll idea right there. A sub tank survey poll on averages over say a month.
Consider it done mate, look in the poll section.......

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
My book in the car states that the main is. 90 and sub is 32???
From another thread, this is in several books and brochures that I have.

My GU owners manual for a 2000 says 32L, if you measure the sub on the GU you will see there is no way it is 70L, if it was fully square on the corners and sides it would be lucky to hold 40L. The pump automatically cuts out so there is no risk of killing the pump, like Motomuzz I have hit the transfer switch several times and it will kick a little bit more but then it reaches a point where it will not start and after that you can stop and start the engine as many times as you like and the transfer pump will not start, the message has been sent to the ECU.

After measuring and re reading my genuine 2000 owners manual, it says (for diesels):

Wagon/Hardtop - main tank = 95L.
Pickup - main tank = 90 or 95L* -------------------------- *for models with sub tank.
Wagon/Hardtop - sub tank = 40 or 32* ------- * for Australian models only.
Pickup - sub tank = 80L

If it had 70L wouldn't that be a further selling point making a total of 165L all up?????? even giving a bit spare surely they would claim 150L?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts